Search results

1. PetalumaRescuke

shipping cost

I recently researched the cost of sipping a tenor case in a 12X12X36 box, at USPS,FedX and UPS the cost was far greater than the item. Is there a better reliable way?
  2. PetalumaRescuke

Two Tenor gig bag

I bought this a dozen years ago, don't remember why, yours for $20 + shipping. Can't post pictures? So contact me here spongeuke@yahoo.com
  3. PetalumaRescuke

short scale 22" bass?

I'm building an acoustic short scale 22" Bass. I was wondering if there is a preference as to sound board wood. I have the choice of Spruce, Redwood and Mahogany. I would also like a wound nylon/silk core strings. I have set but the "ball" end is not suitable as I don't want to use a tailpiece...
  4. PetalumaRescuke

Sound board and Strings?

I'm building an acoustic short scale 22" Bass. I was wondering if there is a preference as to sound board wood. I have the choice of Spruce, Redwood and Mahogany. I would also like a wound nylon/silk core strings. I have set but the "ball" end is not suitable as I don't want to use a tailpiece...
  5. PetalumaRescuke

Identify Help

this is a rescue project I'm working on. It is somewhat constructed like a Martin soprano. The tuners are for the set-up (not original). Ive never seen a head stock shaped like this one.
  6. PetalumaRescuke

Old Martins

The appreciation of my rescued Martins has been humbly noticed by me, I must resist the temptation to find others to mend, I’m going to take some time to reestablish muscle memory to my fretting hand. Spending time with the 1943 Concert and pick up some tricks, maybe even post a song. Keep on...
  7. PetalumaRescuke

binding glue?

I'm putting wood (Mahogany) binding on the latest rescue. I don't really care for Red cap Titebond. I was thinking CA gel and an accelerant. Hide glue would work under different hands. I haven't gotten consistent results with small batches or the timing for it to work on contact. Any suggestions?
  8. PetalumaRescuke

UK uke?

Shop label on the angled case and in the ukulele. Head stock decal is also unfamiliar. Any one know about this one?
  9. PetalumaRescuke

Assemetrical neck profile?

I have often wondered why neck profiles are symmetrical. Would a flattened bass side or even a groove work nicely with the thumb up and down the neck. Or has this already been tried and discarded?
  10. PetalumaRescuke

3 Martins + 1

2 Martins now An offer of close to the $300 and $25 S&H Con USA gets any one of these Martin Sopranos. They are from left to right on the group picture A 1918-19 Style 1M, a 1936-41 1M, a 1934-35 1M, a 1936-41 1M and out of the rescue room is a 1923-26 2M The 1918-19 1M and the 1934-35 1M...
  11. PetalumaRescuke

Brace replacement

Just used the string though with side tuner rig, to install a replacement lower back brace on a 23-27 2K Martin Soprano. Next time I'll use a set of colored strings to make the string threading operation less confusing. Previously, when a through the sound hole repair was done, I rigged up a...
  12. PetalumaRescuke

Gummed tape

I am considering using gummed tape to pull together a crack on the back. Is this the same as paper packing tape? If so is reinforced gummed tape the way to go?
  13. PetalumaRescuke

Any of the 4 Martins

Here is the deal. The an offer of close to the $400 and $25 S&H Con USA gets any one of these (now 3) Martin Sopranos. They are from left to right on the group picture The SOLD 2M. A 1918-19 Style 1M, 1936-41 1M and a 1934-35 1M After that I'll bargain for individual ones. For many more...
  14. PetalumaRescuke

4 Martins

It is time to move out the latest from the rescue room. They are from left to right. 1918-19 Style 2M and a 1M 1936-41 1M and a 1934-35 1M I'm offering till July 20th all for $1800. After that I'll bargain for individual ones. For many more details and pictures PM me with an email address.
  15. PetalumaRescuke

brace repair clamping

Thanks for the inspiration on this system. It is so much more effective to loop the string in and then out over the brace, a piece of small tubbing prevents the string from indenting the brace. I used a discarded slot head and some old small guitar machines, and a soft wood plate to protect the...
  16. PetalumaRescuke

2 BanjoUkes

BanjoUke One left, the LaVenicia it is time to pass it on. Can't remember what I paid for it, so make me an offer. More & Better Pictures plus descriptions at spongeuke@yahoo.com Dave
  17. PetalumaRescuke

Martin Needs Tuner posts

This late 20s Martin reassembly project has all the parts but 2 of the Grover no. 76 tuning posts (have the rest). I throw nothing away, so if you have a clutch of tuners and parts , I'm hoping that I could get 2 posts or the full set up would do. Will pay or trade. Dave in Petaluma
  18. PetalumaRescuke

New name here in Petaluma

Hello all this is PetalumaRescuke. I've been a senior member (Spongeuke) for a number of years but couldn't log in anymore and couldn't reset my password. After numerous attempts I started over. My passion is rescuing damaged or abused ukuleles, mostly Martins. I've sold most of them, but...