Search results

1. Martinlover

Looking for Ukulele in Bradenton FL

Howdy, I need a ukulele quick while I am in Bradenton FL. I would prefer to spend <$200 for a used baritone or tenor or maybe even a concert. Anybody selling something? I can't take a day without a uke.
  2. Martinlover

BEWARE: Wanna Be Friends?

Some of us have noticed that the milli-second we publish a live video on YouTube, we get a comment from someone we don’t know. There are no views at this point either. The comment is posted by seemingly different account names with different icons, and state: Wanna be friends? Or Let’s be...
  3. Martinlover

NUD Barron River Baritone Spruce and Mahogany

I actually got this ukulele a month ago but have been keeping it under wraps. I am unworthy of this amazing ukulele. I saw it listed on the HMS site and tried to ignore it but 2 friends mentioned it to me, saying, “I see that builder you like has a baritone up on the ukulele site.” Plus, I still...
  4. Martinlover

Lady Marigold and Mr Fox

I wrote this ballad for those of us obsessed with the old fairy tale Mr. Fox, which has the infamous refrain, Be Bold, Be Bold. Basically the story of a lady betrothed to a serial killer. I took the liberty of changing Lady Mary’s name to Lady Marigold because rhyming. Baritone ukulele. Lady...
  5. Martinlover

Hoffmann Spruce Tenor with pickup

ML Style Hoffman Tenor Ukulele 2018 — Spruce/Mahogany with ebony fretboard — with passive pickup. A real player, has strum marks, a little buckle rash and 3 tiny gouges under the bridge under the A-string. Still a beautiful example of Hoffmann’s workmanship. Wonderful to look at and play. The...
  6. Martinlover

Ukulele in the Time of Coronavirus

What is everybody doing during this time at home? I’ve been cleaning out the junk drawers and finally got to my strings drawer. Really wish I took a before photo because it was a mess. And what am I supposed to do with all these Oasis humidifier syringes?
  7. Martinlover

NUUD Barron River Tenor Cedar and Quilted Maple!

I received by post from Australia, a used Barron River Western cedar and quilted maple tenor. She’s not in pristine shape but well played and loved. Many strum marks and some dings in her cedar top. A gash in her neck was filled. Here’s a recent sound sample a friend did just noodling around...
  8. Martinlover

Help! U-Bass Tuning

Trying out Luna steel string U Bass. For the life of me I can not tune this thing. Every tuner says something different and my phone tuner for bass has the E string (4th and fattest) so floppy, it is unplayable. I am afraid to over crank. I did take a ukulele bass workshop a year ago but the...
  9. Martinlover

Tyde Guilele is Blowing My Mind

I will try to act subdued here because I tried to submit a very enthusiastic post about this instrument and UU denied the post as it "appears to be spam." So, very quietly, I'll let you know this guilele is on a plane all it's own...
  10. Martinlover

NUD A’ Coming: Bean Sprout Baritone

As I noted in another thread: I bought Jerry’s Bean Sprout Instruments build spot. I’ve ordered a Port Orford Cedar and Walnut baritone. Should be ready by end of April I think. Here are the two models I based my wood selection on:
  11. Martinlover

Suggestions needed: Songs for Wedding

My daughter is getting married and wants me to write an original ukulele song for the reception to be performed with her mother-in-law to be. The MIL is a choir director so I think we have the singing down. I would like us to do a 3 song set. 2 covers and finish with the original. Would love...
  12. Martinlover

Billie Eilish and Ukulele

Billie inspiring a new generation of ukulele players. Watch at minute 4:17:
  13. Martinlover

Ukuleles They’re Red Hot, Yeah I Got ‘Em for Sale

I am selling several gorgeous ukuleles for many reasons. The biggest reason is I bought Jerry’s Bean Sprout ukulele-build spot for 2020. The other reason is while I love these ukuleles, I am mostly playing the baritone and these guys sit in a humidified closet (Non-smoking house by the way)...
  14. Martinlover

Ukulele Horror Story for Halloween

It’s that time of year to gather ‘round the campfire for the telling of a few ukulele horror stories. Here’s one I have dared not speak of—ever—till now. Prepare yourself for this spine-tingling tale. Many years ago—before I knew anything about playing ukuleles—when my daughter was in 5th...
  15. Martinlover

Sparrow Ukuleles from Virginia

At Funky Frets this weekend and I got a chance to see and play some Sparrow Ukuleles. These are handmade electric ukes that not only look beautiful but sound amazing. The ukes are beautifully shaped, the curve on the back of the tenor fit perfectly into my side. These ukuleles are for those...
  16. Martinlover

OMG LFDM Bearclaw Spruce Supreme at HMS

Have you seen and heard the LFDM BEARCLAW SPRUCE QUILTED MAPLE SUPREME on HMS? Why am I telling you all? It’s just too incredible and I can hardly bear it, I love it so much. https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/custom-builds/lfdm-bearclaw-spruce-quilted-maple-supreme-w-ameritage-case.html
  17. Martinlover

Ukulele Vanity Plates

Anybody got ukulele-related vanity plates they’d like to share—either on your vehicle or seen on the road? My husband got me UKECRAZY. It could have just been UKULELE. But he just had to put the crazy in there.
  18. Martinlover

Audio recording: iPad vs Mac Book Pro

Hi all, I would like to record vocals and ukulele into my iPad Pro or on a new MacBook Pro. I looked at a couple videos online about the iRig and the iPad. But not sure the sound quality is there. I am also trying to understand the difference, if any, between using the PreSonus Audio Box into...
  19. Martinlover

Hamptons Ukulele Groups/Meet Up?

I’m headed to the East Hampton this coming weekend for 5 days and would love to jam on the beach, at the bay or anywhere with a local ukulele group. Anyone know of such a group? Also any fun music shops worth checking out (for ukuleles, of course)?
  20. Martinlover

Anybody here get the Barron River baritone on HMS?

Anybody here buy the Barron River Australian Blackwood baritone that was on HMS yesterday? Asking because I hate you. Kidding about the hating. But I had that baritone in my cart and decided to wait till after Pilates to complete the checkout. Big mistake, what was I thinking? I have store...