Search results

1. frets alot

Slotted Bridge...Wound String

Probably a dumb question... Can you (would you) put a wound string on a uke with a slotted bridge? (My first uke with a slotted bridge.)
  2. frets alot

Legacy Straps Review

Check out Legacy Straps (legacystraps.com) for great choices on 3/4" or 1" uke straps. I got 6, in the 1" width. I had them make them adjustable up to 54" (I needed that length for my mountain dulcimers). They are customizable to any length and are available with 1 or 2 strap ends. There are...
  3. frets alot

Legacy Straps Question

I found an older thread re a review of the Legacy Straps, but thought it might be better to start a new thread with my question. They look like quality straps. Though I'm a uke player, I'm actually looking to purchase a narrower strap like these 1" straps for use with my mountain dulcimers...
  4. frets alot

New Uke Stand - Hercules Content

I just received my new Hercules uke stand, the UKS100B, that I think they just introduced last fall. It is adjustable (height) to fit any size uke, it has their Auto Grip System, and it has foam padding at all contact points. I've attached some photos with my Pono MB-6, which is baritone size...
  5. frets alot

New Strap Day - Levy Narrow Jacquard Weave

I was looking for a new strap for my Pono.....one that was narrow, so I could leave it on while in the case. I purchased this strap from Amazon (available from other sellers too): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTZ06W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I have owned several...
  6. frets alot

NGD: Pono MB-6 Mahogany Guilele

I received my Pono MB-6, Mahogany Guilele from HMS yesterday. This is my first order from HMS and my first Pono. I want to say that I'm really happy with both. It took about 3 weeks to get it shipped, as HMS is currently working with less staff. But the wait was worth it. The full set-up is...
  7. frets alot

FS: Uke Accessories Package: 2 Capos, Uke Thong, Picks, Stickers

SOLD: Uke Accessories Package: 2 Capos, Uke Thong, Picks, Stickers SOLD Hi! I'm downsizing my uke collection and, as a result, clearing out some accessories that have had little to no use. I've packaged them together here for one low price. $25 - which includes free USPS Flat Rate Priority...
  8. frets alot

Oahu Hardshell Case from HMS - Question

I just ordered a new Pono AB-6 from HMS. It comes with this case: https://www.theukulelesite.com/accessories/cases/hardshell-wooden-cases/new-oahu-hardshell-ukulele-case.html I don't see where it says in the description whether or not it comes with a shoulder strap (though the pictures show it...
  9. frets alot

Pono Acacia Guilele

Has anyone purchased/tried one of these Pono guilele's: https://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/size/guitalele/pono-ab-6-solid-acacia-guilele-oahu-case-2.html As a 46+ year guitar player, I'm leaning towards trying one out, but have never owned a Pono before. I'm guessing the quality is good. I...
  10. frets alot

Black Strap Buttons

My go to store is Elderly Instruments. I have plans to put black strap buttons on a couple ukes, but they are out if stock, and they don't know when they will be back in stock (I guess their supplier suffered a fire). Can anyone recommend a place to get quality black strap buttons? I do not...
  11. frets alot

This Kid is Amazing

Could he be the next Jake? Enjoy. https://youtu.be/Kib4VkkynEw
  12. frets alot

HMS and Uke Republic

I've purchased all my ukes from my local music store. I'm considering my next purchase from HMS or UR. I pretty sure either would be just fine, but just checking. I understand HMS does a full set-up. Does UR also do full set-ups? Thoughts on either/both store/s? Any other store to consider (I'm...
  13. frets alot

Pono vs. Kala - Thoughts on 3 Models I'm Considering

Pono vs. Kala - Thoughts on 4 Models I'm Considering I'm regretting selling the baritone uke that I had. Now, I'm looking these four options. I would like your $.02 on them. Which way would you go and why? Thanks! Pono Acacia Baritone (AB) Pono Mahogany Baritone (MB) Pono Mango Baritone...
  14. frets alot

Tie Bridge String Changing Question

UPDATE: Tie Bridge String Changing Question I've been changing guitar steel strings for 45 years, but have to admit these ukes are new to me. So, I have a question. I understand the tie process, but the videos I've watched always talk about leaving each individual string end turned down toward...
  15. frets alot

NUD - Kala Ziricote Tenor (KA-ZCT-T)

I saw this tenor uke while at Elderly Instruments, picking up a new Martin guitar. So, I went home with 2 new instruments! It has a really nice voice and looks fabulous.....hope you like it! ;) (The best I could do with pics, the glossy finish reflects everything.)
  16. frets alot

NUD: Kala Cedar/Acacia Baritone

NUD: Kala Cedar/Acacia Baritone - String Questions Picked up a new Kala KA-ABP-CTG baritone with a solid cedar top and acacia b/s. I love the tone....warm, yet clear with nice sustain. Looking forward to taking this to the uke jams that I attend at dulcimer festivals. It has excellent...
  17. frets alot

Cordoba Mini R Guilele, Deluxe Case, & Accessories

SOLD Cordoba Mini Rosewood Guilele, Deluxe Case, and Accessories: Great for uke jams, I bought this Cordoba Mini new two years ago from Elderly Instruments in Lansing, MI. I tried several of their Cordoba Mini’s that they had in stock at the time, and picked this one for its tone, intonation...
  18. frets alot

Cordoba Mini Gigbag Case For Sale

SOLD via Ebay. I purchased a Cordoba Mini guilele, but didn't need the gigbag/case. It is like new. $xx (PayPal), buyer pays actual shipping (will fit in a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate box, which costs $13.45). No returns. Thanks.
  19. frets alot

Gold Tone M-Bass (MicroBass) Hardshell Case - Excellent/Like New Condition

SOLD: Gold Tone M-Bass (MicroBass) Hardshell Case that fits the 23" scale length bass (does NOT fit the 25" scale length). It is in excellent/like new condition, as we just purchased it a couple of months ago and it has only sat at home with the instrument in it. It comes from a smoke-free home...
  20. frets alot

Cordoba Mini Polyfoam Case - Review

I purchased a Cordoba Mini-R about a month ago. I just got a Cordoba polyfoam case for it and wanted to say it's great. The baritone ukulele case is the case that fits the Mini. It provides much more protection than the gigbag that comes with the Mini and it has a nice accessory pocket inside...