Search results

1. roastbeast

Trade Only: Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Mint condition Clara with additional top dots, radiused fretboard, and satin finish to trade for similar condition/value Farallon. Mahalo!
  2. roastbeast

WTB Kamaka Baritone & DHo 6 String Steel Baritone

Leave a msg or shoot me an email please at erikschanconsulting@gmail.com I have successfully bought and sold ukuleles on multiple platforms and look forward to hearing from you. Mahalo! -Erik
  3. roastbeast

Martin Flourocarbons vs Oasis Warms vs Martin Graphite Polygut

Aloha UU. I use Martin Flourocarbons on all my ukes. Been experimenting with different single string offerings for low G. I'm curious though if any of you have experience with Martins and Oasis GPX warms on same tenors and how would you say they differ in sound? Feel? Tension? Also, anybody use...
  4. roastbeast

What is the difference between a Kala Elite and Kala Elite Limited T?

Anybody know the difference other than different fretboard materials? Mahalo.
  5. roastbeast

Trade Only - Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Near mint Clara for trade for a Farallon. Bought this Clara for portability and convenience. Trading only because I prefer a tenor scale. If there's no trade I'll keep it as I'm very happy with its sound and build quality. My Clara has the following options (as shown in attached photo) -...
  6. roastbeast

Trade Only - Blackbird Clara for Farallon

Near mint Clara for trade for a Farallon. Bought this Clara for portability and convenience. Trading only because I prefer a tenor scale. If there's no trade I'll keep it as I'm very happy with its sound and build quality. My Clara has the following options (as shown in attached photo) -...
  7. roastbeast

FS FT 2 Custom Baritones and 1 Vintage Long Neck Soprano Banjolele

Three beautiful, one of a kind ukes for sale. Two custom Kelali baritones and 1 custom painted vintage 1920s Stromberg-Voisinet long neck soprano banjolele. Open to trade for a Kamaka HF-4 or a sinker redwood tenor. I've had two clean, successful purchases with other UU members and have had...
  8. roastbeast

Recommendations for high tension low G fluorocarbon strings to drop tune to DGBE?

Aloha UU. I use Martin Fluorocarbons (gCEA) for my tenors and because they are high tension, they work pretty well for drop tuning to dGBE. Anybody have any suggestions for high tension low G fluorocarbons that can be dropped to DGBE? I was thinking maybe I could use the wound D string from...
  9. roastbeast

FS or FT: Antique 1920s Custom Painted Deluxe Stromberg-Voisinet Banjolele

For Sale: fellow UU'er pricing is $500 includes shipping to CONUS... open to international Contact: erikschanconsulting@gmail.com Pics can be seen at...
  10. roastbeast

Sound Comparison Question: Kamaka Pineapple vs Kanile'a Figure 8 Soprano yuh

Aloha UU'ers. Wondering if anybody owns or has played both and what your opinion is regarding sound comparison? My UAS journey has piqued my interest in a Kamaka Pineapple (white label with MOP Kamaka logo). I have a "rare" pre 2008 Lanikai LK-1S which was a limited production of sopranos...
  11. roastbeast

Rearranging Re-Entrant GCEA to Low gCEA Cheat

Aloha UU'ers, not sure if this is the right forum and will be happy to move this topic to the correct forum. Been in several FB comment discussions where I've shared my trick for short term low g fix for people looking to experiment with low g. There's been some debate as to whether my method...
  12. roastbeast

WTB Blackbird Clara

Found one �� Also have a premium antique Stromberg-Voisinet banjolele to trade towards. From So Cal. Mahalo �� More info on banjolele here: https://offerup.co/GMnt4fusYcb
  13. roastbeast

Rare 1920s/1930s Vintage "Monarch" Slingerland Banjolele

For sale / trade is a rare 1920s/1930s "Monarch" branded Slingerland soprano scale banjolele. Features: Birds Eye Maple construction Pearl inlays Grover no tip bridge Strung with Aquila Red Banjolele Strings 8 inch pot Animal skin head (not sure what type) Action and frets adjusted/leveled by...
  14. roastbeast

WTT or WTB Southern Cross Banjolele

Have a 2016 KoAloha KCM-00 to trade. Listed here at http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?147622-F-S-or-F-T-KoAloha-KCM-00 Mahalo!
  15. roastbeast

F/S or F/T - KoAloha KCM-00

Aloha UU. Mint-Excellent Condition 2016 KoAloha KCM-00 F/S or F/T. The KCM-00 is one of KoAloha's flagship ukes and is an all solid body koa concert scale ukulele with near perfect balance, and excellent volume, resonance and sustain. This is buffed to a gloss, NOT gloss coated. So you get the...
  16. roastbeast

WTB or Trade For KLOS Carbon Fiber Ukulele

Aloha! As titles states and F/T I have 2 rare mint condition, open box (never used) 2013 Kumalae solid exotic indonesian mahogany ukes or a Playstation VR Iron Man Bundle and additional multiplayer games to trade. Mahalo!
  17. roastbeast

Star Wars Squadrons

Have been playing way more uke than videogames during covid but uh, might be playing less uke when this comes out in a couple weeks. Anybody else gonna be picking it up too??
  18. roastbeast

FS: NEW Kanile'a K1 "Van Gogh" Tenor Ukulele

BRAND NEW Kanile'a K1 "Van Gogh" Tenor Ukulele with ALL SOLID HAWAIIAN KOA body, new TRU-R Bracing, premium Kanile'a Music Area case and extras! This one of a kind uke is called the "Van Gogh" because of its beautiful front and back matching wood grain resembling a thick brush stroke down the...
  19. roastbeast

Aloha from Orange County, CA ☀️

Hello everybody. Longtime lurker finally signing up ��. Very impressed with the knowledge and talent of this community. I've been a uke player for 12ish years off and on. Usually off for periods of time during relationships. Recently out of a 7 year LTR and have been reconnecting with music to...