Search results

1. kkimura

Lava Music Lava U Concert Ukulele

"What Is Dead May Never Die" (So say the faith of the Drowned God in the Iron Islands).
  2. kkimura

When you see or reply an old thread, please check if it's bumped by spammer

Time traveling ukuleles, love it!
  3. kkimura

Did anyone else name their ukulele?

Mine are all named next. They used to be named last but that didn't work out.
  4. kkimura

How to take the next step?

Sing more. Plenty of people with "horrible" voices are famous artists. David Van Ronk and Kris Kristofferson come to mind.
  5. kkimura

Offgassing a new uke

A cloth bag of activated charcoal in the body for a week or so followed by a bag of ceder chips. Worked great for me on a classical guitar I bought from a smoking household.
  6. kkimura

Aaron/anaka fixed my VIP account.

Thank you Anaka and the all of the others on the Ukulele Underground Staff that keep this website up and running.
  7. kkimura

HELP! UU VIP

Yes, the silence is disconcerting.
  8. kkimura

Ways to Support this Forum and Keep it around

Yes, the silence is disconcerting.
  9. kkimura

HELP! UU VIP

I copied and pasted my thoughts on this issue from a UkeTalk thread. Sorry if I'm breaking any rules. Interesting, so the new UU VIP account does work. It's the migration of the existing UU VIP accounts from the old site to the new xenForo site that is causing the problem. The fix for...
  10. kkimura

How to pronounce Likelike (that highway) in Oahu?

Here's an interesting factoid; spoken Hawaiian is pronounced a little differently on some of the islands notably O'ahu, Moloka'i and Ni'ihau for example.
  11. kkimura

Looks like how I pronounce leakyleaky. ;)
  12. kkimura

Interesting, so the new UU VIP account does work. It's the migration of the existing UU VIP accounts from the old site to the new xenForo site that is causing the problem. The fix for something like this can be very difficult. Sometimes the mapping of the old database fields to the new database...
  13. kkimura

No problem, guess I'll have to tell my family we've been saying wrong which is a possability as we are not native Hawaiian. We're Japanese/Korean who happen to have been born in Hawaii.
  14. kkimura

Has anyone become a UU VIP since the xenForo upgrade?
  15. kkimura

Communicate with your members

Not saying this is what’s going on but trust me, there is nothing more embarrassing than an admin getting locked their own account. 😬
  16. kkimura

Communicate with your members

Perhaps the admins are experiencing worst problems than the the regular and VIP members?
  17. kkimura

awaiting moderator approval

Perhaps the admins are experiencing worst problems than the the regular and VIP members?
  18. kkimura

awaiting moderator approval

looks good to me.
  19. kkimura

David Green

Welcome to the forum David!