Search results

1. Ziret

Hyperlinks not working?

At least on my iPad, hyperlinks are just plain text, so I have to copy and paste into a browser window. Will that be fixed, or am I missing something?
  2. Ziret

William H. Macy is one of us

And he had UAS just as bad. https://www.sfgate.com/shopping/article/William-H-Macy-ukulele-save-the-world-16336040.php I wonder if he is one of our Bills. If not, he’s an honorary member. Sorry, this went to the wrong area, and I cannot move it.
  3. Ziret

R&L handmade in Hawaii, solid koa soprano

I bought this from a forum member who didn't disclose all--and I didn't ask, so there you go. Anyway, the good parts are it's solid koa, even the fretboard, and it's handmade in Hawaii in the 90's I think. It sounds sweet, it's pretty, and it plays easily. It has no cracks or repairs. The bad...
  4. Ziret

50 states ukulele collection idea

I was gazing with some pride at my ukulele collection last night--down to five, thank goodness--and mulling over their origin stories, thinking about where they were made and by whom when I realized of the five, three are from different states, and three from different countries. And then I came...
  5. Ziret

Kiwaya KTC-2 solid mahogany concert uke

I've had this for a few years, and played it a lot, but it's still in very good condition aside from some glossing of the neck and a tiny mark on the headstock, all of which I tried to show in the photos. This uke has that classic concert sparkle, and sounds best tuned reentrant. It has a...
  6. Ziret

Godin Multiuke-Koa

Godin Multiuke-solid Koa top A friend asked me to sell this for her. When I opened it, I wished I was interested in playing amplified. It's gorgeous, with a solid koa top. She bought it in a burst of enthusiasm after attending a concert where someone played one and then discovered it was set up...
  7. Ziret

Tenor tuned bari question: strings

Go ahead and jump in with all your string suggestions, I'm very interested! But my main question is: If I have a tenor currently strung low G, and move everything over one position, so that the current G String is now in the G place ala DGBE, then put the C string in the B string place, the E...
  8. Ziret

Hricane thinline tenor evaluation (currently $72 at Amazon)

I bought this last week for $80 and thought it was a good deal. Today it's still $80, but there's a 20 percent off coupon you can use, which brings it down to $72. Kind of makes me wish I needed two. Chris/Choirguy/UkeStuff reviewed this well on YouTube against the nearly identical Kala and I...
  9. Ziret

Kala Elite 2KOA-TG with Kala Transit case

Made in August, 2018. In like-new condition, and gorgeous. It always gets the looks. And it sounds great, too. My idea has always been to have (at least) one reentrant and (at least) one low G uke, and I got this for low G. But I also got a Kala Elite 1KOA-CG and I find I prefer to play the...
  10. Ziret

Lava U vs. Populele

What do you think? Are they the same?
  11. Ziret

Trade: Gold Tone Little Gem banjouke for Outdoor either size

I have a Little Gem I bought a few weeks ago and find myself not crazy about. I'm going to sell it anyway, but thought I'd check and see if anyone is interested in a low-risk trade and the chance to try something different. I'll post photos later, but it's in basically new condition.
  12. Ziret

Romero Creations Grand Concert--Pepe Romero Signature Model 2019

I had this listed earlier and would still like to sell it, so I've dropped the price. In like-new condition. I bought it from Elderly in June and have played it for less than three hours. It's set up by Elderly--very well. Pepe Romero wanted to make a concert that sounded like a tenor, and...
  13. Ziret

battery problems

My plan was to take the dog for a walk around the lake. I practiced the uke for a while, set the tuner on an end table, put the uke away, and couldn't find my keys. After wasting a bunch of time not finding them, I decided to use the spare set. Went to the garage, and what should I find near the...
  14. Ziret

Three concert ukuleles

I have never done an NUD, but I thought these comparison photos might be interesting. The largest body, on the left, is the Romero concert, or as Tomthebaptist described his, a grand concert. I've had it a couple of months. Solid mahogany. The medium sized body, in the middle, is a Kala Elite...
  15. Ziret

aNueNue Khaya Solid Mahogany Soprano with Oahu HSC

I absolutely love this uke; it sounds fantastic, it plays great, and it has simple good looks. It holds its own against some very good sopranos I've had. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by naming which ones, but you can ask me. And the case is in like-new condition, as well. But I've...
  16. Ziret

John Prine!

John Prine is doing maybe his last tour--his new album is great, one or two of those songs will make you cry--and I'm going to see him. To celebrate in advance, I'm working on as many John Prine songs as I can find. So if you have something special, or something rare, or anything at all, really...
  17. Ziret

Kala Elite 1Koa-C USA made concert

Made by Kala in Petaluma, California, this is Kala's high-end line made of solid Hawaiian koa. It has UV cured satin finish like satin Taylor guitars and Kanilea ukes. Has a rosewood fretboard and mahogany neck. Set up by Mike at Uke Republic. This uke has a 1.5-inch wide neck and is a dream...
  18. Ziret

Romero Creations Concert Mahogany Ukulele with Case

Pepe Romero wanted to make a concert that sounded like a tenor, and this one sure does. As described on his web site, it has "an enlarged lower bout and very deep sides, giving amazing depth and power to the sound of this instrument. It sounds like a tenor ukulele but is indeed a concert!" It is...
  19. Ziret

wound C string recommendation for concert

I have a concert that is sort of thuddy on the C string, especially around F, F#. I thought a wound string would help. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks for your help.
  20. Ziret

Open A string too strident

I have a uke that sounds great, except that either plucked or strummed, if the A string is open, it sounds too... something...to me. Strident is the best I can come up with. There's an overtone that comes out that's unpleasant to my ear. I got out my other ukes and to a degree, this is true with...