Search results

1. Veritas99

Price increases

Yep, a Kamaka I was on the waitlist for went up $300 from last year. I also have 2020 Kanile’a K-1 concert (that’s for sale in the Marketplace) and when trying to price it, I noticed that the 2021 version has gone up $130 from what I paid originally.
  2. Veritas99

NUD: Flight Carabao Concert (SUS exclusive)

Thanks for the sound sample! It has a really nice balance. BTW.... If you're considering a string change, I really liked the Uke Logic soft tension on the anniversary model in the brief time I had it.
  3. Veritas99

NUD: Flight Carabao Concert (SUS exclusive)

Congrats, and thanks for the detailed write up! Would love to hear a sound sample when you get a chance. The tenor model was noticeably better sounding than the other Flight tenors in Alex's comparison video. Also, I agree with you on the gig bag. It's the same as what they give you with the...
  4. Veritas99

Rebel Invictus NUD

Congrats! The sound samples for these from the guys at The Ukulele Site/Hawaii Music Supply were really nice. Hope the finger heals soon so you get some quality time with it!
  5. Veritas99

FS: Kanile'a K-1 C (2020) [Price drop]

Bump for the price drop (post edited)
  6. Veritas99

Recommendations for reputable online stores and brands for a newbie please!

I agree with all the recommended shops above (and have bought from all of them). The only other one I didn't see mentioned was Aloha City. Matt does a great job setting up his ukes and he has an in house brand (Makiao) that seems like a decent deal.
  7. Veritas99

Review: Flight A10 FM - Not ready to fly with the big boys

SUS’s website says it’s £70 to ship a larger uke under a £1000 to the US or Canada, but that you’re also responsible for any duties. I’ve bought two ukes from them and the duties/fees to the US were around $90 each time. They ship quick too. I ordered and received one from them before a uke I...
  8. Veritas99

Concert Samples -- Which do you like best?

I’m going to go with 4-2-1-3, although I bet 3 is better in person than it sounded due to positioning. I’m mostly just annoyed because I’m guessing one of them is the same eucalyptus Ohana that my wife has, but I can’t for the life of me figure out which one (2?).
  9. Veritas99

Rebel Invictus

Anybody know what song Kalei is playing in the sound sample?
  10. Veritas99

Thanks for asking. I'm trying to downsize, so I'm not interested in trades.
  11. Veritas99

Bumping this back up.
  12. Veritas99

I agree Mike is great and I would not hesitate to buy from him again. In fact, you asked about a replacement…Because Mike had been so helpful, I actually used the refund as credit towards a Kanile’a KCS for my wife that Uke Republic had (The K-1 C it replaced is for sale in the forums now)...
  13. Veritas99

I agree that my experience is just that of one person, my concern was that it sounds like the sliced soundboard happened on others and these are supposed to be individually handmade ukes vs Flight’s regular production line. So while I’ll accept things like the bridge could be a matter of chance...
  14. Veritas99

I’m glad you like your Mustang. I’ve heard only good things about that and the Fireball. I don’t think I’d hesitate to get one of their production models if I was in the market. And, yeah, the sound was really nice in the few minutes I was able to play it so it made returning it a little harder.
  15. Veritas99

Which soprano brand would you recommend as a keeper?

As others have said, a lot will depend on what you want to play. It will also depend on whether you plan to use the soprano exclusively. In soprano, my wife and I have a Kamaka HP-1, a KoAloha Naupaka, and a Kanilea K-3. (I’ll ignore my Outdoor, which is a great bang-around uke but not meant...
  16. Veritas99

Up for sale is my wife's lightly used Kanile'a K-1 C with Tru-R bracing. Serial number suggests it was made in February 2020 and we purchased it from an authorized dealer in December 2020. As shown in the photos, it is in perfect condition with no marks of any kind. I've tried to cover all the...
  17. Veritas99

Thanks, I don't doubt that things slip through on all the brands. I debated even posting, but since these models are pre-order only in the US right now and mine is the second soundboard with cut marks, I thought I should share.
  18. Veritas99

Yeah, I know that anecdotes are not data, but given that the sliced soundboard seems to have occurred on 2 already and you can really only pre-order them sight unseen, I wanted to share.
  19. Veritas99

No need. Mike at Uke Republic emailed me pre-paid return labels both times so I never had to pay shipping out of pocket. Like I said, the situation sucked, but Mike could not have handled it better.
  20. Veritas99

Thanks. It was frustrating because the potential was there, but I agree that if I didn’t have other nice ukes, I would be hard pressed to go with the Flight over a K brand or aNueNue (I haven’t tried a Kiwaya yet). Yeah, I probably would have overlooked the more cosmetic issues too, but my fear...