Search results

1. U

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

I ended up doing a re-do of the Stevie Wonder track for several reasons. 1) I wanted to switch the pickups between the chorus and the verses 2) I felt I could do a little better on Verses 3 & 4. And lastly, I wanted to throw in some another layer of harmony. Dave, feel free to just put this...
  2. U

^ You didn't think to cover Rape Me? (It's an anti-rape song in case anyone didn't know)
  3. U

So this was super fun despite being such a marathon session...I started recording the rhythm around noon. Had the bass and drums down by 5pm. The lead melody? That took a little more learning / practice. The take you see here was recorded a little past midnight. Anyway, I feel like it's a...
  4. U

Hey I’m the new gal

Welcome to our little community!
  5. U

Semi-hollow electric vs acoustic / electric

Well, to be fair, I have 2 solid body electric tenors (I loaned out / sort of donated my acoustic). Ideally, I'd get an acoustic / electric to double track some songs since my acoustic simulator pedal isn't scratching that itch for me. I figured a semi-hollow uke could be the way to go, but...
  6. U

Semi-hollow electric vs acoustic / electric

Hi all, I've never played a semi-hollow before and was wondering how the sound of one compares to an acoustic / electric.
  7. U

I'd leave it to Sir Paul McCartney to explain why this song fits the theme: "I had a dream in the Sixties where my mum who died came to me in a dream and was reassuring me, saying: 'It's gonna be OK. Just let it be..." This is a song I recorded on a couple of weeks ago and decided to revisit...
  8. U

How to take the next step?

I will credit a lot of my growth this past few months on two things, being able to record myself (and play on top of that) and have a drum pedal (to keep my timing honest). Being able to play on top of my own recordings have helped a lot in terms of hearing what notes sound good with certain...
  9. U

What's your favorite ukulele body size? why?

Tenor. I started with sopranos and then gradually moved up. The fuller sound and having access to more notes is what sells me on the tenor. Add in a low g and I'm super happy.
  10. U

WTB ~ Electric Baritone Uke or Tenor Guitar

Sparrow ukulele in Virginia makes electric baritone. You could ask if they have one you can try it if they're local to you.
  11. U

I can see the desire for more than one

I have 2 electric ukes with a low G. I technically have acoustic tenor, but that one is loaned out to a friend indefinitely. Anyway, if you have seen any of my videos, you'll know that I play all of my ukes in addition to my bass and piano. I feel like they all have their own personalities...
  12. U

The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Decided to cover this classic Beatles tune with no particular Season in mind except that I wanted to do it.
  13. U

Too Many Instruments

It really depends on what music you play. I play the uke, bass and dabble with some keys. I don't find them competing for my attention. I still learn new songs and incorporate the other instruments into whatever I am learning at the moment. (Some songs work better than others) Not sure if...
  14. U

The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

This didn't make it in time for SOTU 500. Learning 3 songs from scratch for 3 different instruments is kind of a tall order!
  15. U

how big are your ukulele collections?

I'm down to 2 since I just loaned out my acoustic to a friend for an indefinite amount of time. I may pick up an electric / acoustic so I can double track it with my electrics.
  16. U

Hard case recommendation for Fanner Uke

That is a cool looking uke!
  17. U

500! The Songs of Ukulele Underground

Thanks for hosting this! I realize I'm super new to Seasons, but you all have had a big part in my growth in the past few weeks.
  18. U

My internet is being weird and I can't comment on your videos tonight for some reason. :/ Anyway, let's see if this goes through...My 2nd submission this week. I actually learned this whole song from Aldrine's UU tutorial a full 4+ years before I joined this site! This is the first time...
  19. U

Which Effect Pedals Do You Use?

^ So glad to see you got a Beat Buddy and a looper! Those are solid additions to any pedalboard, imho.
  20. U

This was the first song where I figured out the chord progression by ear. I still remember the day I stumbled upon it while practicing my chord changes...I thought "hey, this sounds familiar. Could I actually be right?" I eventually learned the chorus melody from a piano tutorial. Now with...