Search results

1. dirtiestkidever

Mellow finger style tabs

I am getting a guitar for the first time in 10 years. I normally play finger picking ukulele songs (herb otha jr, corey, daniel ho) and i want to extend that to learn mellow fingerstyle guitar songs. The song played at minute 17 is a good example of what i am looking for (though maybe slightly...
  2. dirtiestkidever

reputable guitar dealer with setup

After 10 years of playing exclusively ukuleles, I have decided to get a guitar again. I plan to get a Taylor mini GS Koa Plus. Due to the pandemic, i want to purchase online. Can anyone recommend a reputable dealer that will do a good setup prior to shipping? Thanks, Doug
  3. dirtiestkidever

Selling Ono Concert for Charity

SOLD. Selling Ono Concert for Charity I am selling this 16
  4. dirtiestkidever

WTB soprano

I miss having a soprano. Anyone got something interesting for sale? I would be interested in the following (and other) brands: myamoe, kiwaya, kinnard, koaloha, various custom builders.
  5. dirtiestkidever

Wanted: Cheap Baritone

Looking for a cheap baritone. Partially for a 🎃 costume. Partially because i want a bari. One with strap buttons installed is a plus. Looking for something in the $100 range. Silvertone, Kala, etc. i am in the north carolina in case some one has one local. Thanks all!
  6. dirtiestkidever

Collings Tenor UT1

Mahogany Tenor UT1 Collings ukulele. Plays great. Sounds incredible. It has been well played. It has one fairly noticeable ding on the top. It has an end pin and a small hole where another one was on the back of the heel. There are no cracks or other major issues. Apparently this used to...
  7. dirtiestkidever

WTB: OXK / KS-1 / or vintage sporano

WTB: OXK / KS-1 / bruko or vintage soprano I have two ukes and keep them upstairs in their cases. But I am looking for a 3rd to fill two roles: 1) The primary role will be to look at. We will display it up on a built in book shelf in our living room. Rather than filling it with useless...
  8. dirtiestkidever

FS: John Daniel Pixie Sopranino

Price Drop: John Daniel Pixie Sopranino Tiny, little, all solid wood, hand made pixie sopranino made by John Daniel in Wales. Really well made little ukulele. Fun to play. Surprising sound for such a little ukulele. I am not sure about the woods used. It is a blast to play but just too...
  9. dirtiestkidever

Two ukeleles for sale: Favilla, Barron River

I am moving across the country and don’t want to trust my ukuleles to a moving truck. So I am selling all but two ukuleles. These are both incredible ukuleles. Favilla Baritone Ukulele. It great shape. Plays and sounds exactly like a Favilla should. Deep luscious tone. Has a strap button...
  10. dirtiestkidever

FS:Kinnard Soprano Series 2 Cedar-Walnut w/Koa Binding

Kinnard Soprano Series 2 Cedar-Walnut w/Koa Binding John S. Kinnard Series 2 Soprano Claro Walnut back and sides (Highly figured) Western Red Cedar top Walnut neck (upgrade) Series 3 hardwood binding/mitered purfling in Curly Koa Walnut facelplate 3 ring rosette Rosewood bridge and fingerboard...
  11. dirtiestkidever

Corey playing a Hive

Has anyone tabbed this out? I am working my way through it but it would be much faster with some tabs. I really like this song (and uke) and it seems more 'within reach' than lots of Corey's arrangements. Thanks all. Have a great day.
  12. dirtiestkidever

Baritone ukelele strings

Hey all. I have a favilla Bari and am looking for a good set of linear tuning DGBE strings. I like wound D and G and fluorocarbon B and E. But it would be nice if the D and G were not too noisy. I currently have Martin strings but I think there are probably better options out there. By the...
  13. dirtiestkidever

Your Top 5 Ukulele Book List

I thought the other thread was about this until I read it. But what are your top 5 uke tab books? I am always looking for good intermediate-level finger-picking style tab books. Here are my top 5. 1. Ukulelezaza - Happy Days Are Here Again 2. Ukulelezaza - The Glory of Love These two are...
  14. dirtiestkidever

WTB: Favilla Baritone ukulele

I am looking for a Favilla baritone ukulele. PM me if you have one you are willing to part with. Thanks.
  15. dirtiestkidever

replacing missing fret markers

Hi all. I am considering buying a vintage martin baritone. It is a beautiful instrument but is missing a fret marker. I know it doesn't really matter but it is the type of little thing that would just drive me nuts. Anyone know how difficult / expensive it might be to get a local shop to...
  16. dirtiestkidever

Kinnard soprano sound sample

Hi folks. I just got a new John S. Kinnard soprano, walnut back and sides with a cedar top. I am thrilled with this uke. It looks, plays, and sounds better than any soprano I have ever played. It has a great full tone with a warm and woody sound. Here is a really quick sound sample. Cheers.
  17. dirtiestkidever

"pretty" song suggestions

The majority of what I play is from Ukulelezaza's books, Aaron Keim's books, or Eugene's videos. All great sources for great songs. But they all tend to be on the jangly end of ukulele songs. I kind of prefer the jangly stuff but I want some balance so I am looking for some more pretty songs...
  18. dirtiestkidever

Luthier wood recommendations

Hi all, A few months ago in a post about wood choices aaron keim mentioned that in a perfect world all ukulele orders would request these woods: -All myrtle -All mahogany -Spruce and maple or -Spruce and walnut I found this really interesting. Obviously luthiers would know better than a lot...
  19. dirtiestkidever

Sound ports

Likes, dislikes, regrets? What are your experiences? Hi all. I am curious what people think about sound ports. I am getting a new uke (large body soprano) and trying to decide on sound port or no sound port. I have never played a uke with one. And I think ukes look better without them...
  20. dirtiestkidever

FS: KoAloha Soprano

I am selling a KoAloha soprano. It is a factory second though I can't entirely tell why. It looks great with no noticable dings or dents. The action is perfect. It plays incredibly well. This uke exhibits the best playability of any uke I have ever played. Friction tuners work great. Sound...