Search results

1. Ila

Season 541: Oh no! I left the toilet seat up!

Cover of Santana's "Evil Ways"
  2. Ila

Love my Enya Nova U Pro Carbon Fiber tenor!

I recently changed the strings on my tenor. I really didn't like the feel of the D'Addario titanium strings at all that it came with. They were too thick and hard for my liking. So I went back to the Enya fluorocarbon strings and switched out to an unwound Enya Low G fluorocarbon. I'm much...
  3. Ila

'Uke Like the Pros' courses

Thank you so much for this information. I just checked out a couple of his videos and I'm really impressed with his teaching. So thorough and patient in his style. A great resource to add to my collection. Thank you again.
  4. Ila

Long Neck Soprano vs. Concert

I just want to know ... Is a long neck soprano basically an instrument with a soprano body and a concert neck and fretboard? Like a concert and a soprano had a baby together? Is that it?
  5. Ila

Love my Enya Nova U Pro Carbon Fiber tenor!

I adore all three of my Enya Nova ukes. I started out with a concert. Then a generous UU member gifted a soprano to my elementary classroom (it gets used a LOT), and within the past couple of months I treated myself to a tenor with the acousticplus system and a small amp. I love the sound, I...
  6. Ila

Season 541: Oh no! I left the toilet seat up!

Thanks for hosting, Voran. Here is a cover of "Lucille" by Kenny Rogers that was popular in the late 70s.
  7. Ila

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

Sorry, Dave, I just can't do this song justice. I wish I could. So the original will have to suffice. It's one of my favorites.
  8. Ila

SOTU 537 – “Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned.”

And it looks AWESOME on you, Charlie! You made my whole day by sharing that picture. Thank you so much.
  9. Ila

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

Yes, I will be hosting open mic tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you all there! :cool:
  10. Ila

Looking for Enya Feather

Just saw one on mercari.com for $850. Comes with lots of electronics thrown in.
  11. Ila

2022 Los Angeles International Ukulele Festival

Thanks so much for posting this! I would never have known about it otherwise. I just purchased my tickets! Yay! I'm so looking forward to this!
  12. Ila

Are you going to Uke-Con in San Diego?

I think so.
  13. Ila

Are you going to Uke-Con in San Diego?

UKE-CON is in August in San Diego. I'm going. Anyone else???
  14. Ila

Val, you are AMAZING. I'm so glad you covered this. I wouldn't have done it justice the way you did. Nor would I have the right outfit to pull it off like you did.
  15. Ila

First of all, congratulations on your anniversary. Second, OMFG Mel hasn't changed at all; what's her secret? (And don't you dare take any credit for it, sir!) Third, Dave, you look DASHING in that photo.
  16. Ila

I didn't realize that this was already covered by Rob when I recorded it, but screw it, here's my version of a zitherless "The Tide is High." I don't have the cajones to do a cover of "Scotty Doesn't Know" but I sure hope one of the male members of UU does! God, how I wish I could get through...
  17. Ila

So very sorry for your losses. I find that playing is therapeutic and I hope you find some solace in it. I look forward to hearing you play.
  18. Ila

Thanks for letting me know it arrived. And Val, you were always a Badass! You just needed a merit badge.
  19. Ila

Free Kmise Baritone -- Closed with New Owner :)

Wow that'd be awesome, if it's still available. Please let me know!
  20. Ila

You absolutely made my entire day! I am grinning from ear to ear.