Search results

1. R

Be careful of Banfield Animal Clinics

All, I know this is overall a uke forum, but, many uke lovers are also animal lovers, so, I need to share an experience I just had locally with a veterinary clinic that is apparently a national chain. This past Sunday I took my cat in for an emergency visit to a Banfield Animal Hospital...
  2. R

Nickelodeon movie to feature a uke?

So, while my roommate was watching *shudder* Spongebob on Nick, I saw a commercial about some new movie that they are premiering tomorrow. What caught my eye is that the male lead plays the ukulele! In the "behind the scenes" ads, he is holding a Cordoba, but, in the movie ads, he is playing a...
  3. R

Washington DC or Baltimore?

Hi all, I just moved pretty much squarely halfway between Baltimore and Washington DC. I'm just curious if there are any groups around here who get together and play. I know a few weekends ago when I went to a music shop in Cantonsville there was a group that was either in a lesson or just...
  4. R

Crack in my heel?

Should I be worried? I got this Makala MK-C Concert late last year/early this year from Hawaii Music supply and first noticed there was some gapping starting around April. However, that was right before I completed an international move from Northern Japan to Maryland, so, no time to look into...
  5. R

I love playing ukes I can't afford :D

There is almost nothing more fun than spending a weekend with friends, except spending a weekend with friends and playing expensive ukuleles that I can't afford. I have found out that a Colling's solid koa concert sounds AMAZINGLY sweet, and vintage Martins are awesome. However, the least...
  6. R

Kuala brand ukulele?

Has anyone heard of these before? They are out of Australia and the seller seems to talk a good game. I did a quick search of the forum and didn't find any mention of them. Inputs? I'm specifically looking into buying a new tenor for myself and this caught my eye...
  7. R

Dying for a uke fix

So, I ordered my uke from Hawaii Music Supply a little over a week ago and it is still in the queue waiting to be processed. I'm TOTALLY ok with the wait, I'm just SUPER impatient and I know it'll take a bit on shipping too once they get my Makala set up all nice and pretty like, so, in the mean...
  8. R

Missing my Hawaii home...

Hi all. I'm a novice guitar player and Pacific Islander by blood. I lived on Oahu for the past couple of years but recently moved to Japan and now I'm dreadfully missing the sun, surf, and poke. I always loved the sound of a uke and while I was in Hawaii I fell even more in love with it. One...