Search results

1. kissing

Anyone tried tuning a violin GCEA?

Hi yes, I did manage to successfully tune a violin in GCEA using the specific strings. It worked! However, strangely I reverted to tuning back to GDAE now. For some reason, my brain could not play the violin like an ukulele as easily as I thought it would. Maybe it's because I was used to...
  2. kissing

Original Song - Lamy's Song (Fleeting Hearts)

Thank you. I hope so too :)
  3. kissing

Which strings from classical string set for baritone?

Yup, as others have said, using the middle 4 strings (5th, 4th, 3rd, 2nd) would achieve DGBE tuning on a baritone uke. The DGBE strings (4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st) would achieve GCEA tuning on soprano to tenor ukuleles.
  4. kissing

Original Song - Lamy's Song (Fleeting Hearts)

Hello folks, it has been a while since I have written an original song. Emotional pain has always been the motivator for my music, and I guess I haven't felt this sad in years. Anyway, I hope it is something you can enjoy!
  5. kissing

Entry to Mid Level Soprano or Concert Uke Suitable for the Blues ?

Some would say if you wanted to play the Blues on ukulele:
  6. kissing

My ukulele goes out of tune

Also, it might be worth knowing how much it slips out of tune every 20 minutes of playing? Ukulele is not like a digital piano where once you tune, it magically stays in perfect tune. Every moment, there are fluctuations which may cause small variations in tuning. Is it going significantly out...
  7. kissing

YouTube Sound Quality/Accuracy??

Broadly speaking, this topic shouldn't even be about Youtube. It applies to ALL recorded media. At the end of the day, the ONLY true representation of how something sounds is through your own ears in person, LIVE. As soon as something is recorded, regardless of the quality, will only be a...
  8. kissing

KNA Pickups

The KNA slot bridge pick up is pretty handy if you don't want to modify the instrument and your uke happens to have a slot bridge.
  9. kissing

TUS/HMS Communication Issue Resolved by Andrew

I think this post has run its course and we'll all be sorta beating on a dead horse beyond this point. My concluding remark will be to quote Andrew K's earlier post: I have been around forums for a very long time... decades. I have experience in running forums, and in fact I am the founder of...
  10. kissing

Says the actual Karen...
  11. kissing

What a load of crock. aaron never played victim. He stated facts about what happened. It looks like the message got through to the business and they have responded gracefully. I certainly agree that there are situations where people play victim to get what they want through extortion and...
  12. kissing

What overreacting? He had a valid concern and voiced it to the community as a last resort after being completely ignored, beyond reasonable doubt. There are no signs that aaron is being anxious or unhealthy about this ordeal. Yes, compared to the many other things that could go wrong this is...
  13. kissing

NUD Myer's Grip Series Pickup - No Install Required!

I think this is quite bulky and cumbersome compared to other pickup systems out there. You might as well just use a regular XLR microphone (like a Shure SM57) with a mic stand. It would be more convenient and versatile for other functions. Pickup systems exist to make the experience more...
  14. kissing

Steel strings on a baritone ukulele...

Since this is a low-cost uke that you weren't playing much anyway, as long as the tension is light enough I'm glad you're getting some enjoyment out of it.
  15. kissing

I think it's very fair to still hold this under the umbrella of customer service. The contest was conducted under the company's name, hence every interaction that comes from it falls under customer service. Furthermore, you are their customer and everyone who participated or viewed the contest...
  16. kissing

I completely agree with aaronkb. People saying that he is over-reacting or is being inappropriate are obviously happy with being treated badly by customer service. It is a reasonable expectation in all situations to be able to make an enquiry via the channels the business specifically setup for...
  17. kissing

Two semi technical questions (metal strings/piezo pickup)

1. You're going to have to experiment with what works for you. People have achieved percussive effects on either undersaddle piezo or transducer type pickups. It depends on what amp you use and what kind of settings you have. Transducer pickups tend to be more percussive than undersaddle piezo...
  18. kissing

Concert Uke Strings

If you tuned the soprano and concert to the same tuning (GCEA), then objectively speaking neither would sound higher than the other. They should sound like the same pitch. Perhaps one of the ukuleles is brighter sounding in character? This is entirely possible depending on how the respective...
  19. kissing

Baritone ukuleles without truss rods

It is for correcting the neck to have the ideal or your preferred amount of bow/relief. Ideally, there should be a slight amount of relief - just enough so that the neck is bent slightly forward so the strings can vibrate without hitting the frets, but not too much that the strings feel...
  20. kissing

Baritone ukuleles without truss rods

While I like the technical advantage of a truss rod, I think a lot of the higher-end ukes (as well as for classical guitars) don't have them. The best set up instruments I've had have managed without truss rods. So I wonder whether, at least in the context of ukuleles it is more a means to get...