Search results

1. Cornfield

Be wary of potential scammers

There are safe ways to do business online. If I don’t know a buyer or seller, I insist on PayPal.
  2. Cornfield

Season # 533: "Spring Break"

No time to transcribe and learn this song but has anyone else heard James Taylor’s “Oh the Jolly Springtime”?
  3. Cornfield

Season # 533: "Spring Break"

I wrote this for Spring. I think it qualifies as a Spring Break song.
  4. Cornfield

So you have an empty case..

Cover it with decals and stickers. Proudly display.
  5. Cornfield

WTB- Martin 5-17 or 5-18 guitar

I recently purchased a Martin Backpacker guitar that I have tuned to Nashville. Lots of shimmery goodness. I also own several autoharps for that kind of tone. The capo on 2 idea is interesting. I’ve never had a guitarlele so I guess this could mimic one.
  6. Cornfield

Yes,it arrived. I’ve got it strung for G to G tuning. I’m getting used to the nut width. It’s got a fuller sound than I was expecting. I’m also trying to figure out transposition on the fly.
  7. Cornfield

I think that I just made a good deal on a 2003 5-15. The dealer will be shipping it later today.
  8. Cornfield

I’m trying to find a steel string version with 1 3/4 nut. Pretty sure the 5-16 was built for nylon.
  9. Cornfield

What string set do you use for Terz tuning?
  10. Cornfield

Three 5-18gt are listed on EBay. All from Japan and strangely they each have the same photos. Scammer? And I got a “Hey Buddy” pm that seems scammy too.
  11. Cornfield

I'll join the FB group. I'm not in Perth but I have been there. I ordered a couple of ukes from Wise in Margaret River. Not planning a return trip any time soon. Do you have yours in Terz tuning?
  12. Cornfield

I know that it’s a long shot but some uke player may have a very small Martin 6 string guitar for sale. Not interested in a tenor model. Thanks
  13. Cornfield

seasonistas play other instruments

Another new song We’re in Spring It stopped snowing again The grass is growing again And it needs mowing again I’m seeing green Get out the old John Deere I really like it here When it’s becoming clear That we’re in Spring Do do do Up come the daffodils I’m getting...
  14. Cornfield

The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

Tonight is the second anniversary of our song circle moving to Zoom, due to COVID and social distancing. I just wrote this song.
  15. Cornfield

The Island of Misfit Seasonistas

I wrote a new parody
  16. Cornfield

"Fingerstyle Rules" Tablature Site Closing Down!

What a nice resource.
  17. Cornfield

519: Flashback Time Machine

Cover of a song by Eliza Gilkyson. Recorded for Ukulele Underground Season 519, Flashback Time Machine. I drew 331 "Contemporary Folk". You can't get much more contemporary than this. It's on an album that was released 12 days ago.
  18. Cornfield

519: Flashback Time Machine

I drew 331 - Contemporary Folk - this gives me a broad brush. Just before I checked on this weeks season topic I was working on a guitar arrangement for a new song that I heard yesterday. Guess I’ll have to do a uke arrangement and record it.
  19. Cornfield

Season 517: Wind

Demon Lover. This is a cover of a Michael P Smith song. It is a retelling of the House Carpenter, set in present day New Jersey. You may to crank up the volume as I sing this softly. The chorus starts “The gypsy wind says to me…..”