Search results

1. K

Recommended Powered Computer Speakers ?

$250 budget good speech/vocal reproduction You Tube , streaming music , ukulele video lessons , ect...
  2. K

Islander soprano fans , which tone wood do you like ?

Acacia , Mahogany , Maple , Mango , Spruce "Mahogany wood was used on almost all of the soprano Martin ukuleles. It has a classic tone that the ukulele became famous for."* (TUS) I was surprised by the Maple laminate in this video ; sounds good .
  3. K

Looking for a recommended repair tech/shop for re-string , in Honolulu .

Looking for a recommended repair tech/shop for re-string , in Honolulu . Mahalo .
  4. K

< $200 Soprano with Traditional Hawaiian Sound ?

KoAlana ? Islander ? Leolani ? , others ?? Which < $200 Soprano comes closest to what you think of as traditional Hawaiian sound ?
  5. K

Islander MT-4 Mahogany Tenor Back in Stock at The Ukulele Site (Update: Out of Stock)

Islander MT-4 Mahogany Tenor Back in Stock at The Ukulele Site
  6. K

Anyone own both a standard and a long neck Soprano ? Which do you prefer ?

Anyone own both a standard and a long neck Soprano ? Which do you prefer ?
  7. K

Best Shops in Japan ?

What are some of the best shops in Japan ? I'm assuming they do set-up , yes ? Any that ship to USA ?
  8. K

Hula O Makee (Peter Moon ukulele)

9. K

36 vs 38mm Nut ?

For average sized hands ; does it make a meaningful difference ?
  10. K

Strings for Islander MC-4 ?

Thinking of buying the Islander MC-4 . As a total beginner , any advantage to using strings other than the ones that come stock ?
  11. K

Brooks England Koa Wood Bicycle Saddle :)

12. K

Enya is Kaka :)

I'm confused . I read that they're the same brand ; Kaka is marketed in China / Asia , while Enya is sold in the USA / and other Western markets . Generally the Kaka gets bad reviews while the Enya gets glowing reviews . So , I'm confused . More specifically , I'm asking about the Enya EUC-25D...
  13. K

Entry Level Hawaiian Brands ?

Aloha . Would appreciate feedback on entry level Hawaiian brands for a beginner . I know these are not made in Hawaii but they're Hawaiian brands . aNueNue (Hawaiian Dream Series), Islander , KoAlana , Leolani Are there any others ? ( I consider Pono mid level ) .
  14. K

Aloha . Beginner Baritone .

Aloha ! I was recently inspired by some You Tube videos to get a baritone ukulele . As a total beginner don't think I can justify the all wood cedar rosewood Ohana BK-50G . So , looking at the BK-50ME , cedar wood top ebony laminate sides and back . Any other wood top , laminate sides to...