Search results

1. ukecaitlin

Hi From Australia

Hi. Although I've been a member here for over six years, my profile says I'm a new member, so I thought I'd take the opportunity to say "Hi" and share what Uking is like in Tasmania, which is an island state south of the Australian mainland. Tasmania has a population of 500,000 and has about...
  2. ukecaitlin

HelpI I can't post!!

Hi, Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong as nothing I post is publicly displayed, and ends up in my profile with a line through it, saying it is awaiting approval - for days. I can't see that I am breaching the rules at all, and I'm thinking I might have missed a setting or something. I...
  3. ukecaitlin

Lines through postings

Hi, Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong as nothing I post is loaded, and ends up in my profile with a line through it. I can't see that I am breaching the rules at all, and I'm thinking I might have missed a setting or something.
  4. ukecaitlin

High End Kala fail

My friend just bought a new Kala KA-SAB-C-CE, at my suggestion. Alas, it is a remarkably dead instrument, especially for the price, at the top of Kala's range. It is accoustically quiet with a thin sound, which for a solid blackwood instrument is surprising. (Blackwood, being very closely...
  5. ukecaitlin

Holding ukes against round chest

I'm wondering how body shape affects the way you hold your uke? I'm finding technique problems that when I use my forearm to hold the uke against my chest the uke rolls around my ribs and it pushes the neck away from my hand, which is really a problem if I start changing chord shapes - Der...
  6. ukecaitlin

Scott Wise super tenor

I am the proud new owner of a beautiful Scott Wise Super Tenor which I bought on impluse. I was in a state of shock for hours! I had been looking at the Kamake Hf-3 which I enjoyed trying out, but when I heard the sound of this uke, I went straight to the bank to get the cash! It sings so...