Search results

1. FinnP

Audio interface & Ubass

Hi I bought a Korg M2 audio interface and wonder what's the best way to connect my Kala Arcacia bass . It's the old model without preamp. Should I use jack to XLR or jack to jack (instrument) for the best audio quality? I have a DI box and a Behringer ADI 21 too. Thanks
  2. FinnP

Kala UBASS,Solid Acacia vs. new models?

I've been offered an "old" model Kaka acacia ubass, with passiv pickup. I don't have the opportunity to try it first. How is the sound compared with the new models wih active pick-ups? Is the quality as good as the new models? I plan to fit Kala flatwound Gallistringson on it, will this work...
  3. FinnP

Ukulele Toolkit gone from app store?

I just noticed that Ukulele Toolkit disappeared from appstore. It’s still on my iPad pro and working, but now I can’t get it installed on my iphone. Can someone outside Denmark please check if it’s available in your region?
  4. FinnP

Ohana vs Mainland

I had a mainland red cedar tenor that was very similar to my Ohana TK 35G.
  5. FinnP

Books for trade

Kiyoshi Kobayashi: Ukulele Bossa Nova & Ukulele Sweet jazz both with CD. I'm interested in jazz books or fingerpicking/clawhammer stuff e.g.Ukulele Swing Jazz with CD, by Takashi Nakamura.
  6. FinnP

What's up with the Martin C1K?

Here’s the one I had, very pretty, but the sound did not impress me. Mine looks like it had rosewood fretboard and bridge?
  7. FinnP

Vintage Luna Ukulele--history, details? etc?

I have a Tokyo Luna model 400. It’s a good little soprano �� (For trade to a concert or longneck soprano, my hands are to big for soprano size)
  8. FinnP

aNueNue Light Bird Tenor - exclusive to World Of Ukes - REVIEW

I just got my aNueNue Light Bird Tenor from World of Ukes this morning :-) and I'm very impressed. Neck width at the nut is 36mm and it comes with a slightly radiused fretboard. I can't put it down. String spacing is the the same as my Kanilea K1 tenor, so the distance to edge of the G and A...
  9. FinnP

side markers

I use tooth picks, an awl and some super glue. Works like a charm.
  10. FinnP

Uke Storage - Hanging?

A suitable wood molding and wood pole will do the job: The climate in here (Denmark) is not a problem for solid wood ukes. I always play my ukes in turns :-)
  11. FinnP

Found bridge pins for my Kanile'a

I’ve finally found nice bridge pins for my kanilea k1 tenor (2016) that fits without the need of sanding. Graphtech GT PP 2000. Btw. They don’t fit on my 2011 concert K1 (bigger holes) but maybe the “traditional style” will. I like them;)...
  12. FinnP

NUD: Koaloha KCM-00

I just bought this fantastic sounding concert. It's from april 2017 and I bought it used. I've read about the “Better than the Weather Warranty", can anyone explain what this mean? Is it valid even if I bought it used and don't have the original receipt? It came with Gotoh UPT tuners installed...
  13. FinnP

Info about uke, please

I've never seen this ukulele/bridge style before. Does anyone know the brand?
  14. FinnP

almost perfect intonation on Super concert Koaloha ukulele

You could try to make a saddle with a shelf, it's not as hard as it looks:
  15. FinnP

Koaloha koa fretboard maintenance?

I'm about to buy a used koaloha concert with koa fretboard. Is it OK to treat it like I do on my rosewood ukes,- naphtha for cleaning and 0000 steelwool+linseed oil. Thanks
  16. FinnP

Where do you buy bone nuts and saddles

I use camel bone from here: http://knivkunst.dk/home/332-kamel-ben-4-kantet.html?search_query=Kamel&results=2 Camel bone is very dense and have a nice color. This is a saddle i made for my Imua concert:
  17. FinnP

Ohana TK-35, Kala SMHT, or Pono AT/MT?

I have a Mainland red cedar tenor too, it has the exact same dimensions as the TK35. High action is no concern, it'an easy fix. Mine came with a perfect set up. Here's a photo of the TK 35 and a Mainland neck. I suspect they come from the same factory.
  18. FinnP

Bowed bone blanks?

I just spent time sanding an oversized overbowed bone blank straight, just to discover that it after five minuttes the face returned to the overbowed shape I started with. Very frustrating :( Is there a way to straighten bone, heat etc.? All of the blanks i ordered have this slight bow. I've...
  19. FinnP

La Bikina?

Found this excellent performance on youtube. But I can't find tabs, chords or melody anywhere:(