Search results

1. frolicks

A Rainy Night in Soho - Pogues cover with taropatch

A special song needs a special ukulele.... it‘s taropatch (eight-string uke), concert scale, built by German luthier Claus Mohri (www.cmohri.de). It‘s made of Australian blackwood with a cedar top, and tuned gG cC ee aa. I‘m a Pogues fan for nearly thirty years now, unfortunately never managed...
  2. frolicks

Need some help with lyrics: Take it slow and easy

I think, my English isn‘t that bad, really, yet I can‘t really figure out what Milton and his Brownies sing here. Obviously, I‘m fine with the „Take it slow and easy“ part, and I can get the first verse: „I had a little mama all dressed in red, I called her in the morning, this is what she...
  3. frolicks

Another one for Halloween - Way down in the hole (Tom Waits)

The Halloween SOU is over, but I have one more song here. This time it's a multi-track version of Tom Waits' Way Down in the Hole. This one is inspired by the version recorded by the Five Blind Boys of Alabama, used as the title song of the first season of the TV series The Wire. I used these...
  4. frolicks

Quitate de mi nube (Get off of my cloud) - Rolling Stones Latin Cover

A few weeks back, in March, I participated in the Ukulele Cosmos Invitational, the song asked for was Get off of my Cloud, the Stones classic. The changes reminded me of La Bamba, so I decided to accentuate the Latin touch of the song a bit more by changing the key from A major to A minor, and...