Search results

1. wickedwahine11

F/S Calton ukulele case $650

I just recently received three new Caltons (two for guitars and one for an ukulele), so I am selling my old Calton ukulele case. It was made for a custom Moore Bettah ukulele, but also fits my KoAloha tenor as well. It is black, with silver padding, and comes with backpack straps. While it is...
  2. wickedwahine11

FS: Moore Bettah ukulele with Calton case

NOW SOLD It is with a great deal of debate that I have come to the decision to sell one of my Moore Bettah ukuleles. I wrote a book about Moore Bettah, and I consider them the finest instruments in the ukulele world. I also greatly value Chuck Moore, the man behind them, and consider them an...
  3. wickedwahine11

FS: Five ukulele history books and one Hana Hou with Brittnia Paiva and Taimane

I'm moving so I'm looking to downsize a lot of my ukulele books collection. This listing is for five ukulele history books: The Ukulele A Visual History by Jim Beloff, The Ukulele Handbook by Gavin Pretor, Get Plucky With the Ukulele by Will Grove-White, Ukulele: The World's Friendliest...
  4. wickedwahine11

FS: Ukulele Jazz, Ukulele Aerobics, Ukulele Chords, Ukulele Fake book

I'm moving so I'm looking to sell off many of my ukulele books. This listing is for five ukulele books. Two of them are chord books (by Hal Leonard and the other by Roy Sakuma). One is Ukulele Jazz: Comping, Soloing Chord Melodies by Abe Lagrimas, Jr. Another is Ukulele Aerobics by Chad...
  5. wickedwahine11

FS: Heeday Kimura Pick/Strum Books (1-3), Slack Key Ukulele, Ukulele Solos books

Hi, I'm moving so I'm looking to downsize some of my ukulele books. I have a six book set of Heeday Kimura's instruction books. They include How to Pick and Strum the Ukulele (books 1, 2 and 3), How to Play Ukulele Solos by Ear (books 1 and 2) and How to Play Slack Key Ukulele. They are not...
  6. wickedwahine11

FS: Ukulele Occasional Magazine/book Volumes One and Two

I'm moving, so I'm looking to downsize a lot of my ukulele books in the process. I have both the debut issue (Summer 2002) and Volume Two of Ukulele Occasional. Both are in very good shape, having been read only once then put on my bookshelf. Please note, the Debut Issue does have a stain...
  7. wickedwahine11

Calling for Moore Bettah owners (or admirers) willing to be interviewed

I am so excited to start my newest project this week: I am now officially working on the 2nd edition of my book Building and Owning a Bettah Ukulele - the story of Moore Bettah Ukuleles. We will be documenting the current build Chuck is doing of an ukulele dedicated to the Hokulea (forgive the...
  8. wickedwahine11

Slimline tenor case recommendation

It can be tough to find the perfect case for a slimline tenor ukulele, since they have such a narrow height. For my KoAloha slimline though, I found one that works wonderfully. I got a good deal on it on Amazon (YMC Tenor Ukulele Case Hardshell Case with Plush Interior and Storage - Black), but...
  9. wickedwahine11

FS: RISA Les Paul ukulele in black

I bought this ukulele from Mim's Ukes a few months ago, after having a problem with a prior RISA. This one plays great, and was set up by Mim. It has low action and has only been played a couple of times. I'm selling it because it is a luxury - I play mainly my MB ukes and occasionally my...
  10. wickedwahine11

NUD: Risa Les Paul solid body electric ukulele

I am a frustrated rock goddess, so I made a splurge purchase yesterday to indulge the wannabe in me. I saw a Risa Les Paul solid body ukulele in black and couldn't resist it. My spouse, who usually discourages my uke purchases was even enamored enough to mutter, "You are going to have to teach...
  11. wickedwahine11

KoAloha's new factory

KoAloha is slowly but surely moving into their new factory space. It is going to be right between Ala Moana mall and Ward Center and actually the closest uke factory to Waikiki, which is great for tourists - and Moms Okami too as she loves the mall! :) I spoke with Pops and Paul this week and...
  12. wickedwahine11

City of Stars from La La Land

I saw "La La Land" this week (loved it!) and can't get the song "City of Stars" out of my head. I was hoping to find someone had uploaded a ukulele tablature of it on the Internet (preferably low g) but no luck, just chords. By the way, side note, but I absolutely HATE it when people call...
  13. wickedwahine11

Oscar Schmidt Willie K 5-string and Kanilea Super Soprano

A friend of mine has listed a couple of ukes on eBay, a Willie K 5-string model Oscar Schmidt and a Kanile'a super soprano with pickup in case anyone is in the market for either. :) Kanilea: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282152855845?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 Oscar...
  14. wickedwahine11

KoAloha book now available

My book about KoAloha Ukulele, Listen With Your Heart, is now officially available for purchase as I did not want it for sale until the Okami family had received their copy. It is available in three versions - a collectible hardcover coffee table version (the Po'okela version), a softcover bound...
  15. wickedwahine11

Free KoAloha tenor ukulele

KoAloha have been so generous with me. I owed them for the ukulele they recently built for me, and when I tried to pay, they told me the cost was the book I wrote for them. I am so incredibly blessed to have received not one, but two, gifts of incredible ukulele. So here is the thing, I can...
  16. wickedwahine11

NUD: KoAloha curly koa slimline tenor

Just opened up a delivery from the UPS man today and I am quite happy with the newest member of the ukulele family. I ordered a curly koa slimline tenor from KoAloha. I am surprised at how comfortable the slimline is to play. I didn't think it would make much difference, but it is really...
  17. wickedwahine11

Moore Bettah book now available to buy online

Since we sold out of our initial printing of the book I wrote about Moore Bettah ukuleles, it is now available for purchase online. Because it is not a bulk print rate, it is $6 more now - but their shipping is cheaper so it ends up about the same. I am sorry it costs so much but it does cost...
  18. wickedwahine11

KoAloha factory and Krew in video

This is a new music video featuring the Krew at KoAloha at their factory. I thought the song and singer were fun, but it really is worth watching just to see Pops play air broom. :) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIqzN31vgg
  19. wickedwahine11

Honolulu airport prohibits playing musical instruments

Wow, Led Kaapana was stopped from playing his guitar in the Honolulu airport. Apparently there is a state law prohibiting playing musical instruments at the airport. One I guess I have violated far too many times. Admittedly, I don't play loud enough for anyone else to hear, but Led Kaapana...
  20. wickedwahine11

KoAloha and feeling like ohana

Have you ever had someone do the nicest thing anyone has ever done for you, and you feel undeserving of it? As many people know, I sold my beloved KoAloha, Kanilea and Kamaka ukuleles to pay for my Moore Bettah ukulele. A couple of weeks ago, I was at the KoAloha factory interviewing Pops for...