Search results

1. Uke-alot

ID this wood?

So funny story. Years ago I was given 6 antique table leaves for free. The table was long gone, so I took them home to save them from the dumpster. I assumed they were plainsaw oak, based on what I could see of the grain through the old stain and finish. They've been sitting in the basement...
  2. Uke-alot

First project completed - tenor banjolele

First off, thanks to everyone who posts their inspirational work here, and thanks also to everyone who takes the time to answer newbie questions from people like me! Here is my tenor banjolele, which is completed except for some tinkering with the setup. It's built around a 10-inch Rhythm Band...
  3. Uke-alot

Pineapple tenor - plans or basic dimensions/photos?

I'm considering building a pineapple tenor for my first ever ukulele build (other than a tenor banjolele, which I just finished except for tinkering with the setup - photos and details to be posted soon in another thread). I searched around I didn't find plans specifically for a tenor...
  4. Uke-alot

Linseed oil or tung oil on rosewood fretboard?

Hey there, I'm currently building my first instrument, which will be a tenor banjo ukulele. The neck is maple with curly maple headstock overlay with a cherry inlay. The fretboard is a supposedly rosewood premade board I bought online. I plan to finish the neck with boiled linseed oil...