Search results

1. Wukulele

Collings Doghair Finish Mahogany tenor

Beautiful uke. The playing highlights really highlights it’s value. Nice, clean, clear ”Freight Train” rendition.
  2. Wukulele

What is the point of plastic ukes?

Short answer: no need for hygrometer & futzing with /adjusting ambient humidity levels come shoulder season/fall, when heaters get turned on. Enya Nova also have an advantage other plastics lack: compensated saddle for more precise intonation up the fretboard. Some Flight TUS models have...
  3. Wukulele

Is it still UAS if I want one with completely different tuning...?

Sopranino in my profile pic. Strings that allow for standard tuning for sopranino & sopranissimo in “about me”.
  4. Wukulele

New Ukulele Underground Discord Server

Feel like such a boomer for being so bumbly at using Discord. Then again I’m not a gamer, the users that favor it?
  5. Wukulele

Seaguar Blue Label samples - got what I wanted, thanks!

apparently I wrote this on another thread Jan 2019 (might wanna double check against published specs): “…Outdoor Ukulele Moonshine w/ D'addario carbons on them, including a low-G, which has the same specs (diameter) as Seaguar Blue 100lb & Seaguar Premier 130. Both published diameters are 1.05...
  6. Wukulele

Increased Shipping Costs

It’s a bummer/seems dumb that USPS media mail rates exclude Canada, Mexico.
  7. Wukulele

disappointed in my new Kamaka HF-2 Concert Ukulele

Kamaka is responsive to emails which, unlike phone calls, can include photos & videos to help evaluate potential options. If you have a ruler with mm markings, action at various places can be noted, photographed. The more data to evaluate, the better FWIW, I bought a new Kamaka HF-3 online...
  8. Wukulele

disappointed in my new Kamaka HF-2 Concert Ukulele

Saddles often must be cut for individual ukuleles. And for Kamakas, are definitely not plastic. Consider finding someone with depth & breadth of experience with acoustic guitar/ukulele lutherie… or buy from a place like TheUkuleleSite.com where they are used to international buyers and have very...
  9. Wukulele

Recommendations for reputable online stores and brands for a newbie please!

Best wishes on your quest… Keep in mind, I n this day & age, with supply chain impacted heavily & for long duration/foreseeable future by not just COVID19 but labor, lack of availability for components, on multiple continents, it’s best for a prospective buyer to be open to online buying. Bricks...
  10. Wukulele

Recommendations for reputable online stores and brands for a newbie please!

The Blue Arona & Quiet Shade UC10 colors are sorta impossible to find outside of Taiwan… Golden Glow seems so fitting for autumn 🍂 . Living Coral seems so springy, unless in the tropics. Almond milk goes with everything.
  11. Wukulele

What's Up With The New "Points" Thing By Posters?

Only NFTs… in the form of a fantasy uke to keep the dream going…
  12. Wukulele

No one is making others seek validation, via ”like” buttons. “Like“ can but doesn’t necessarily constitute actual affinity for, as it can be just a marker of a specific comment, acknowledgement, or whatever. Many intelligent users of Twitter (which has only 1 rxn button) have something variation...
  13. Wukulele

FS: Pono MGS Mango Ukulele

Well that was quick… curious what the collector’s cabinet looks like/how built. ~owner of at least 2 Pono Ukes.
  14. Wukulele

Increased Shipping Costs

Q&A on USA Today https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/10/01/usps-getting-slower-what-does-mean-holiday-shipping/5936155001 “The changes involve longer service times for First Class Mail and Periodicals, and a temporary price increase related to the holidays. “On Friday, mail...
  15. Wukulele

Just curious… is the point/trophy system not ignorable for you? As an aside, forum point/trophy systems are important for well regulated medical forums… and could be good for forums where the topic isn’t as critical. I noticed a lot of BS & patently false statements on other forums (acoustic...
  16. Wukulele

Impressions of the HMS Membership Lessons

I signed up for membership solely to support HMS. One of the reasons I can imagine how their membership thing evolved was to have a way for people who were to support HMS independent of constantly buying ukuleles from them. Haven’t even used the free shipping. If I wanted a more comprehensive...
  17. Wukulele

Forest fire arson, maple poaching

“ He poached maple trees prized as wood for musical instruments and brought them to lumber mills.” ~~~~~~~~~~ Tree DNA helps convict Washington timber thief after fire by: Associated Press Posted: Jul 11, 2021 / 04:44 PM EDT / Updated: Jul 11, 2021 / 04:44 PM EDT TACOMA, Wash. (AP) — A federal...
  18. Wukulele

Pepe Romero Jr.~ Journey & Design Elements May 28, 2021

Pepe Romero Jr HCC’s Virtual Guitar Classroom Lesson #7: Pepe Romero Jr, luthier (his journey and design elements) Streamed live on May 28, 2021 Speaking parts are soft, using external speakers might help. Link starts at 18:45, philosophy of why we build & play guitars...
  19. Wukulele

Link to Jake Concert 7pm CST, 5/27/2021

For an hour of Jake Shimabukuro & his uku, *free*, I will totally act like I am interested in AARP... https://www.facebook.com/watch/live/?v=747373422603587 Didn't see this up on AARP's YT yet but hopefully might appear there eventually.