Search results

1. costaricadave

Haleiwa Surf Contest Ukes

Cool shot of some old school Surf Legends. They surfed in the Haleiwa Triple Crown event this last week in the Clash of the Legends. Cool Prizes. Can't tell what make the Ukes are. Maybe Kala??
  2. costaricadave

Eddie Vedder Florida Shows

Anyone going to any of the Eddie Vedder florida shows next month?? I am thinking about flying in for the Orlando or Ft Lauderdale shows.
  3. costaricadave

Smashed Finger!

It's going to be a long week or 2. I smashed my index finger on my left hand last night! Pretty nasty cut right on the 1st joint. Believe it or not I was knocking coconuts out of my tree and 1 got me on the hand! hahaha. Thankfully it wasn't my head! I played some today but it's going to be...
  4. costaricadave

Earthquake and Ukes!!

Had a super close call with both of my ukes today. I make it a point to put my Moore Bettah in its case every night after I am done playing. Then carefully putting it on a counter safe away from my 5 year old. I strung my Mainland Low G and have been playing it some everyday too. So both ukes...
  5. costaricadave

Donavon Frankenreiter "You" New Song

A buddy just called to see if I had heard this new song from Donavon. Features Ukulele. Not sure who that is playing Uke. Good song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5N2Na-dBc
  6. costaricadave

(Late) New Uke Day! Moore Bettah Custom Slotted Head Tenor

Finally got back from a month of fishing in the Bahamas and had some time to post this. Here are some pics and specs on my new Moore Bettah. It is 4A Koa with Ebony binding. Spanish Cedar neck with carbon fiber reinforcement. Side sound port,Pau Abalone Rosette and markers. Grover Sta-tite...
  7. costaricadave

Oralndo Music Store with Ukes???

Going to be in Orlando and would like to pick up some strings and such. Anyone know if there is a Music Store with Ukes in Orlando area? Thanks...
  8. costaricadave

Gig Bags???

Getting ready to do some traveling. Need a good Tenor Size Gig Bag that I can carry on the plane and take on the boat with me. What is the best mid priced Gig Bag that offers good protection but not too bulky. I am taking my Mainland Slothead Tenor.
  9. costaricadave

Mac Garage Band???

Just got my first Mac and see the Garage Band program on here. Has anyone used this? I haven't had time to check it out yet. How does it work?
  10. costaricadave

Pearl Jam Costa Rica

Going to go see Pearl Jam play in San Jose tonight. Hoping for a couple Uke songs!!
  11. costaricadave

Mainland and Strings

I know there are a ton of Mainland Uke owners on this site. Wondering which strings most folks like the best?? I have a Mahogany Tenor.
  12. costaricadave

New Uke Day in Costa Rica!

Thanks to UU member Zac987 I got my new Mainland Mahogany Slot head Tenor today!! What a difference from the Lanikai T21 I have been playing. I was a little worried when I saw some recent post about bad finish on some Mainlands. NOT THIS ONE! She is beautiful! Sounds really good. I am super...
  13. costaricadave

WTB Mainland Red Cedar or Mahogany Tenor

Looking for a Mainland Mahogany or Red Cedar Tenor. Sounds like they are backed up til Christmas. Any ideas or does anyone have one they are willing to part with? Thanks...
  14. costaricadave

Greetings From Costa Rica

New to the site and just wanted to say hello. Just starting to learn the Uke now. I have a Lanikai Tenor. Hopefully if I get better I can upgrade by Christmas. Any Uke players in Costa Rica???