Search results

1. bearbike137

FS: 2016 Kamaka 100th Anniversary Tenor Deluxe HF-3DP

Hi all. I am putting my Kamaka 100th Anniversary Tenor Deluxe up for sale. Serial #160314. It is a very early edition - dated February 2016. Also it is a rare bird - it is the only 100th Anniversary tenor I have come across with a factory installed pickup! I am the second owner. The first owner...
  2. bearbike137

WTB: South Coast wound C string

Hi all! I know this is a long shot, but if anyone happens to still have a South Coast wound 3rd string (C) around, I would love to buy it from you. I am down to my last one and nothing works better on my Kamaka tenor. By the way - does anyone know whether Dirk made these himself, or did he...
  3. bearbike137

FS: Ko'olau 20 Year Anniversary Custom Tenor "Ulu"

Hi all. I am putting my favorite uke ever up for sale. I am the original owner. It is in Near Mint condition (actually I can't find a mark on it). It has never left my house and is always kept in in its case in my climate controlled nonsmoking home studio. SOLD! Original case included. It is a...
  4. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor - great sounding player's uke

SOLD: Vintage Martin Tenor - great sounding player's uke Hi all. I am putting my vintage 12-fret Martin Tenor up for sale - again. I love this uke so much that I bought it back after I sold it last year. It is not a collector’s uke – this one is for the players. That said, it is a phenomenal...
  5. bearbike137

What's going on with Martin 620s?

I love Martin 620 tenor strings. I tend to mix them with Worth Clear strings on all my ukes. However, I recently noticed they changed the string dimensions - and then changed them back? For so long, the string dimensions were .251 - .220. However, when I recently went to order some, I noticed...
  6. bearbike137

What's going on with Martin 620s?

I love Martin 620 tenor strings. I tend to mix them with Worth Clear strings on all my ukes. However, I recently noticed they changed the string dimensions - and then changed them back? For so long, they string dimensions were .251 - .220. However, when I recently went to order some, I noticed...
  7. bearbike137

FS: Southcoast MU-NW Strings - 5 sets - Brand new/Unopened

Hi all. I just received these strings from Dirk a couple of weeks ago. As you may know, he just suspended string sales due to serious health issues (very sorry to hear that). I'm not looking to make any money on this. I'm selling them for exactly what I paid for them. I love these strings, but...
  8. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor Case - Hardshell

Two more photos:
  9. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor Case - Hardshell

I'm selling my vintage Martin hardshell tenor case. It came with my vintage Martin tenor and fits that uke perfectly. I sold that uke, but kept the case. All latches work great. The leather handle has some obvious age and wear. SOLD! Your vintage Martin tenor deserves this! :)
  10. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret - for Collector/Player

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12 fret - Price reduced Hi all. I am putting my vintage Martin Tenor up for sale. The uke was french polished by the previous owner (who is a professional wood finisher) with the original finish intact beneath it. Excellent condition, great sounding, perfect action...
  11. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12-fret - great player's uke! $525

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor 12-fret - great player's uke! SOLD! Hi all. Well, I love vintage Martin tenors so much that I bought another! My "new" vintage uke has a pickup in it, so I am selling this one. This is the one I nearly sold last summer, but had seller's remorse and pulled it back...
  12. bearbike137

Got any cool uke patina to show off?

70 year old tone patina!
  13. bearbike137

FS: Ko'olua 20th Anniversary Tenor

FS: Ko'olau 20th Anniversary Tenor My Ko'olau is on consignment at Hawaii Music Supply. I bought it brand new approximately 6 months ago. http://www.theukulelesite.com/auction-ko-olau-20-year-anniversary-tenor-taro.html?___SID=U Unbelievably gorgeous sounding and looking uke - far and away...
  14. bearbike137

Buying without trying

I'm just way too picky, so I have to at least hear a clip before I will even consider buying a ukulele. The lone exception was my vintage Martin tenor. However, it was so worn with play wear that I figure it HAD TO to sound good (either played so much because it sounded good, or sounded good...
  15. bearbike137

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor - GREAT sounding uke

FS: Vintage Martin Tenor - GREAT sounding uke (clip) Hi all. I am putting my vintage Martin Tenor up for sale. Let me say right up front that this is not a collector’s uke – this one is for the players. That said, it is a phenomenal sounding vintage uke. It sets up well (action is perfect), and...
  16. bearbike137

Ukulele intonation is weird...

As a lifelong guitar player who does my own set-ups (including cutting saddles), I am well-versed in intonation. For example, I know that all else being equal, a thicker gauge string will fret sharper at the 12th fret than a thinner gauge string made of the same material. A lower tension string...
  17. bearbike137

FS: Harptone soprano ukulele case

Harptone hard-shell soprano ukulele case. Arched-top, flat-back wooden frame with black tolex covering and red plush interior. Small interior pocket. Four latches, one locking, with key. Excellent+++ condition. SOLD! I bought this case brand new in the 1990s from Hogeye Music in Evanston...
  18. bearbike137

NUD: Ko'olau 20 Year Anniversary "Taro"

I wanted to share my joy regarding my new ukulele. I bought one of the two Ko’olau 20 Year Anniversary tenors that HMS recently had up for action. I purchased the one that Ko’olau named “Kalo” (HMS referred to as “Taro”). What an absolutely phenomenal instrument. Some instruments inspire me...