Search results

1. Pirate Jim

Which mid price would you go for?

In your shoes I'd get one of the World of Ukes own brand ukes - there's a couple in the Special Offers section on the website last time I checked. They'll give you much more bang for your buck and more consistent quality than the ones you've listed - I've had one when Matt worked at Omega and it...
  2. Pirate Jim

FS: Pono Big Baritone (UK)

I'm going to be popping my big baritone on eBay in the next week or two but thought I'd give UU first refusal. It's the BN-1 model, so the "basics" version they did a small run of with the paddle headstock and satin finish. It's in flawless condition. It's a genuinely fantastic instrument, it's...
  3. Pirate Jim

Wanted: Solid Spalted Mango Tenor

Don't know if there are any Big Island ones floating around at the moment but I got a second hand one a few weeks ago. I'm very impressed with it, fantastic sound. Would buy again, would recommend!
  4. Pirate Jim

Looking for Tenor Fluke Case

Here's the fluke in a tenor TGI hard case. Fits pretty well, actually, I think I'll start using it!
  5. Pirate Jim

Raining in Baltimore - Counting Crows - baritone instrumental

Second time lucky on posting this in the correct place... The uke is a Pono baritone nui, all acacia. The piece is my own arrangement of the song. Hope you enjoy!
  6. Pirate Jim

Raining in Baltimore - Counting Crows - baritone instrumental

Nothing to see here Accidental post to wong board, if a mod sees this please remove!
  7. Pirate Jim

Aqualung - Strange & Beautiful (baritone instrumental)

First video ever so please be gentle! Recorded on phone so sound quality pretty garbage. My own arrangement, I did record a version that was the full length of the song but as it's just alternating A and B parts I thought it was a bit boring.
  8. Pirate Jim

Marshall Stapleton 19" scale tenor FS - OPEN TO OFFERS

Hi all, Last year I picked up what I thought was my absolute dream uke - a beautiful 19" tenor uke made by UK luthier Marshall Stapleton. Original SUS listing is here: https://www.southernukulelestore.co.uk/marshall-stapleton-long-neck-tenor-ukulele-dgbe-tuning-sinker-redwood-birdseye-maple/...
  9. Pirate Jim

Returning to guitar - steel or nylon?

Hi guitar playing UUers, I'm currently making a return to guitar after a long hiatus, it just suddenly began calling to me again. I've picked up a beaten up old steel string for cheap to get going again and am having fun (it doesn't look great, but the neck is true and the action nice). I'm...
  10. Pirate Jim

Upgrade from friction pegs to Pegheds

As some of you may have seen, I recently got a tenor Fluke: https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?138888-NUD-Finally-joined-the-club-Koa-Tenor-Fluke! It had the friction tuners which I didn't mind - I've quite liked them on sopranos and concerts I've had. In the end, they needed...
  11. Pirate Jim

World of Ukes Clarity strings

Last year I picked up a tenor set of the strings Matt at World of Ukes developed with Worth. They're clear fluorocarbon and he says they're optimised for finger picking (a claim I was dubious about - strings are strings, right?). I've finally played them for a month or so and, as there's not...
  12. Pirate Jim

FS: Bonanza Flatlander Concert Uke - UK / EU

Side markers for righties: Side markers for lefties:
  13. Pirate Jim

FS: Bonanza Flatlander Concert Uke - UK / EU

I'm embarking on a ruthless clear out - if it's not played weekly then it's not sticking around. Here we have a HPL Bonanza Flatlander concert scale uke (Bonanza #93, built September 2016). If you're not familiar with Bonanza, there's a lot of threads about them on the boards and Baz did a...
  14. Pirate Jim

FS: Omega Klassiko Concert Prototype - UK / EU

Closer of ding: Bubble in laminate:
  15. Pirate Jim

FS: Omega Klassiko Concert Prototype - UK / EU

I'm embarking on a ruthless clear out - if it's not played weekly then it's not sticking around. Here we have the prototype for the Omega Klassico ukuleles. Only 20 made of each size, only 1 prototype made and this is that prototype! I bought it from Matt at Omega (now at World of Ukes) when...
  16. Pirate Jim

The best £50 I ever spent?

Meet Alic. About 4 or 5 years ago I shelled out £50 on impulse to try this little thing out. Plastic back, plywood top, awful holographic thing on it, plastic fretboard. Just reading that makes me want to go back in time and stop myself! The thing is, though, this uke sounds far better than it...
  17. Pirate Jim

What's Your Handy Uke?

What's my... handy... uke? :cool:
  18. Pirate Jim

NUD: Finally joined the club... Koa Tenor Fluke!

I've hankered after a Fluke for a long time but the selection on these shores is always limited (rarely see the solid tops or wood fretboards) and I could never justify the cost of importing, taxes, etc. I was delighted to discover two things yesterday: A koa tenor Fluke for sale A uke...
  19. Pirate Jim

Your favourite low G resources?

I know this is a resurrection of an oft-discussed topic but my searching skills have failed me (feel free to point me to relevant threads!). I'm returning to low G again after a long hiatus and just have no idea what to do with it. What are your favourite things to play or resources to check out?
  20. Pirate Jim

How do you hang it? Ukulele wall hangers

Guitar grips for me. Not the cheapest but love the look!