Search results

1. Maguwa

FS Martin 1T IZ Tenor Ukulele

[SOLD] Martin 1T IZ Tenor Ukulele Sold! This is a beautiful tenor size ukulele. Made in the USA with solid quilted mahogany. It has a really nice sound! It is in good condition with only one small dent on the lower backside edge. (See pictures) It has new Martin Graphite Gray Polygut strings...
  2. Maguwa

Time After Time by Chet Baker

I think this is what you are looking for, Time After Time by Jule Styne and Sammy Cahn (1947) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be6GexGEKGc Here a link to a live version Chet Baker did (I believe in Belgium? early 1960's). Chet did the tune in C on all the recordings I've heard of him performing...
  3. Maguwa

FS/FT Martin 1T IZ Tenor Ukulele

This is a beautiful tenor size ukulele. Made in the USA with solid quilted mahogany. It has a really nice sound! It is in good condition with only one small dent on the lower backside edge. (See pictures) It has new Martin Graphite Gray Polygut strings. Includes the original hardcase that was...
  4. Maguwa

All of Me (First 4 bars / C6 - E7)

Hey friends, I made this video for one of my students who is learning to play All of Me. I don't record myself playing very often as I don't like to hear myself... I know, perfection is the enemy and it will never be perfect. Hopefully this video will help you if you are having a hard time...
  5. Maguwa

Video Lesson: How to construct major scales on YouTube now!

Hey friends, I have posted a new video on YouTube on how to construct major scales. This is the first video in a series in which I plan to go deep into ways we can use scales to help us develop technique and musicianship. If this is something you might be interested in please check out the...
  6. Maguwa

Jazz Etudes on YouTube

Hey all, I have started a YouTube channel that is dedicated to ukulele jazz. :cool: https://youtu.be/AL0ORjLlw5U I have posted some etudes for the songs "Mack the Knife" and most recently "Fly Me to the Moon." Also, I have dabbled with some videos that focus a bit more on theory and...
  7. Maguwa

Jazzy Chris Hamilton demo

Here are the basic chord shapes from where you left off. The Ab7 starts as an Ab7#11 with the pinky on the 5th fret.
  8. Maguwa

Tokyo Ukulele Club

Mahalo, For anyone in the Tokyo area, the Tokyo Ukulele Club (TUC) meets once a month in Nerima ward. We usually meet on Sundays. If you are interested in the club reply here or send me a PM. Thanks! Joey
  9. Maguwa

Tokyo Ukulele Club

For anyone living in Tokyo I have started a group that meets once a month usually the 2nd or 3rd Monday in the evening 18:00~21:00. We meet either in Tsukishima or Higashi Ginza. It is a fun, easy going group of friends. We are small, about 7 regular members, but we are always looking to make...
  10. Maguwa

What software is this?

I really like the way this tablature is written, especially the circles around the number to represent half notes as well as the use of rests in the tab. Does anyone know what software this is or another editor that uses this style? I've used Finale, Guitar Pro, PowerTab, Sibelius, and Band in a...
  11. Maguwa

Tabs for intro of Live and die by the avett brothers?

This is modified a bit to make it more uke friendly. He plays a 5 string banjo, so a bit harder on a 4 string ukulele to get all the exact notes without jumping around a lot. Be sure to swing the 8th notes. Oh, and for the right hand, I use thumb on the top two strings, pointer on the E string...
  12. Maguwa

Help converting guitar tabs to ukulele? Please

I wrote this out, not exactly as played by guitar, but more uke friendly.
  13. Maguwa

Break it all - Los Shakers

Nice music! Reminds me of Thee Midniters! Here's what I got, very quick and sloppy, didn't have time to do it proper, so you're on your own for the form/rhythms. Also, the chords might need some tweaking and embellishing here and there. :)
  14. Maguwa

Yokohama, Japan, Ukulele Picnic

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone here is planning to go to the upcoming Ukulele Picnic in Yokohama? I wouldnt mind meeting up with some of players in the the Tokyo/Yokohama area. :) http://hawaii.jp/event_up_guinness.html
  15. Maguwa

Forever Mine by The Ojays...chords anyone?

Nice song! I used to play this kind of music a lot back home in Cali when I was playing trombone. :D based on this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKwDWFgFrXM...