Search results

1. socal16

A Ukulele Made from Grass

I’ve ordered the black strings and black beads to ramp up the aesthetics. Thanks for this great idea!
  2. socal16

Hey Mike, how has it held up? Do you still like it? I got my replacement today (the first one was cracked with sharp fret ends) and so far I really like it. By the way they now come with black fret markers and strap buttons which look nice.
  3. socal16

I just bought an Aklot bamboo cutaway tenor. It had a crack in the soundboard and the fret ends were as sharp as razor blades! I immediately sent it back and should be getting a replacement tomorrow. Everyone seems to really like this uke so I’m giving it a second chance but we shall see. I...
  4. socal16

awaiting moderator approval

My original account is now working properly. 👏🏼 Is yours? If not, start a conversation with anaka ( Uu staffer) who is very helpful.
  5. socal16

I can see the desire for more than one

I have five ukes, all are different sizes and materials. All but one were under $200 and they all sound and play differently… but they are good instruments in my opinion and fun to play. I ordered a solid bamboo Aklot tenor arriving today just for the novelty and I hope I like it. Variety is...
  6. socal16

… and it’s calling me a “verified account”. I haven’t seen that before.
  7. socal16

It’s posting but no edit/delete
  8. socal16

Hey I’m the new gal

Vegas vs SLO…. SanLuis by a mile. My sister lives just over the hill in Los Osos so we go up there from LA fairly often. Great area Best of luck on your move and your UAS!
  9. socal16

This is a test posting.
  10. socal16

Perpetually waiting for “approval”.
  11. socal16

Testing…
  12. socal16

Lots of people can't post on the forum- is this being looked into?

This is a test to see if I can post…
  13. socal16

Lots of people can't post on the forum- is this being looked into?

I’m still unable to post. Help please!
  14. socal16

I have friends who are having trouble accessing this forum, they were previously successful

My account works sporadically so I’m testing again.
  15. socal16

I have friends who are having trouble accessing this forum, they were previously successful

I set up a second account using the gmail “+” feature (very cool feature that I learned from another posting here ). Shortly thereafter my first account started working properly! …it’s the little things in life.
  16. socal16

I can't post using my old account

Yes!!!
  17. socal16

How young is too young for a first uke?

My 1.5 year old granddaughter has a little xylophone but definitely not ready for a uke. Maybe in another couple of years I’ll get her one.