Search results

1. jimrex62

Got my kids mounted

Finally got them some hangers!
  2. jimrex62

NUD: (a few months later)

Hello, I wanted to get that steel-string sound, so I found this weirdly shaped hollow-body from Fine Ukes. Richard gets them built in Australia and sells them from Florida. I like the variety of woods providing contrast and the sound unplugged would be close to a dulcimer I guess. Plugged...
  3. jimrex62

Anyone using a Spark amp for steel string uke?

Hello, I recently purchased a hollow-body tenor steel string uke and am enjoying the sound while plugged into a Vox MINI 3. Has anyone tried the new Spark amp?
  4. jimrex62

Anyone ever try a Fine Uke Tenor Electric?

Hello, While searching eBay for tenor steel strings the other day, I stumbled across this brand and found their website: https://www.fineukesandguitars.com/listing/fine-ukes-hbeu101t-tenor-electric-hollow-body-ukulele-steel-strings-low-g-tuning-timber-finish/26035204 Anyone ever try one?
  5. jimrex62

FS: Magic Fluke Solid-Body Tenor in Walnut

Hello, I am not playing much anymore due to thumb pain from arthritis and so this beautiful Solid Walnut Fluke Tenor needs a new home. It's setup low-G with Grover 2B friction tuners and of course the Mi-Si preamp coupled with an under-saddle Open-to-Source piezo pickup. Comes with the Soft...
  6. jimrex62

Considering selling my Magic Fluke Solid-Body Tenor

Hello, I am not playing much anymore due to thumb pain from arthritis and so the beautiful wooden Fluke needs a new home. It's Walnut for the wood and setup with a low-G. Comes with the Soft Shell Navy Gig Bag. I had a custom graphic laser-etched on the back, but I will subtract the charge...
  7. jimrex62

Possible cracks on Outdoor Tenor

Hello, was wondering if any other Outdoor owners have experienced these cracks either side of the neck at the top to side seam?
  8. jimrex62

Ukulele strumming a form of exercise

At least my FitBit thinks so... I can really stack up the “steps” in just a few minutes if strumming without breaking a sweat!
  9. jimrex62

Queue up the Heinz Ketchup commercial soundtrack

Eagerly awaiting my new Outdoor Tenor in green/gold to be shipped. I got the Hug strap with woodland animals as the uke will be kept in the 30' travel trailer. The Fluke SB will now stay at home and keep me mostly quiet. Thanks go out to Dale and Phyllis for their attention to detail and...
  10. jimrex62

FS: Reduced Price Cordoba 30T (Tenor) Solid Mahogany

Price Reduced!!! $220 was $240 when posted last week. Hello, Up for sale is my first ukulele that I purchased from Sweetwater in 2016. The unit is beautiful in sound and appearance. Recently restrung with Aquila Super Nylgut AQ-107 Tenor Ukulele Strings - Low G. Both the ukulele and Cordoba...
  11. jimrex62

Fluke Tenor laminate vs Outdoor Tenor for a "trailer" uke

I've had my Fluke SB Tenor for over six months now, and while I love playing it at home with my EH headphone amp, I'm wondering if I might buy a second uke for leaving in the trailer rather than toting the Fluke SB around and then possibly having to carry the amp and cable outside. So, question...
  12. jimrex62

FS: Cordoba 30T (Tenor) Solid Mahogany

Price Reduced!!! $240 shipped cont US Hello, Up for sale is my first - and only - ukulele that I purchased from Sweetwater in 2016. The unit is beautiful in sound and appearance. Recently restrung with Aquila Super Nylgut AQ-107 Tenor Ukulele Strings - Low G. Both Ukulele and Cordoba...
  13. jimrex62

Hello from Houston Texas area

Hello! I'm a little late joining this forum... Biography Lifelong creator of sounds - mostly pleasing to me, questionable to others. Never a master of any sound source except maybe clapping in front of my mouth to make some notes! - coronet during 6th - 7th grade - Sousaphone/Tube 8th - 11th...