Search results

1. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

No more String Spacing Gauges

Thank you so much for mine- I cherish them
  2. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Volute Thickness & Shape + Photos

Headstock thickness depends on tuner choice.
  3. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Volute Thickness & Shape + Photos

Stop the volute before the nut starts
  4. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

New video- universal side caul

I really think this is a pretty amazing little jig. Please Subscribe if you enjoy such videos.
  5. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

NEW VIDEO - StewMac Deluxe Fret Tang Nippers

THese are excellent. They come with 2 inserts designed for 4 fret wire widths anything from 0.053"-.0110" . :)
  6. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Brazilian rosewood tenor uke sets for sale

HI, I'm selling some Brazilian rosewood tenor uke sets. Plain sets are $100 each. They are plain sets. The backs are already joined. Tenor body sizes are approx 12.75” long, 9 3/8” Lower bout 6.5” upper bout Sides are 20” x 3” This pic is representative of the sets: I'm also selling...
  7. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

NEW VIDEO- How to spring an 18 hole Classical Bridge

Im posting this here for uke builders as this type of tying system could be used on ukes too (12 hole!). It's a very easy and elegant solution.
  8. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO - Royal Blackwood : The most important product in luthiery?

Ebony forests are in danger, and that Royal Blackwood makes for an excellent ebony substitute, it is probably the most important product for luthiery that I can think of. Purple heart tree is twice as big as a Gaboon ebony tree. Also, purpleheart is roughly twice as stable (ie it...
  9. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- Three Amazing Sets of Rodgers Tuners

If you enjoyed this video please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to help my channel grow!- Thanks so much
  10. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- How to Glue a Guitar Bridge Tips & Tricks (with a Demo using Hot Hide Glue)

VIDEO- How to Glue a Guitar Bridge Tips & Tricks (with a Demo using Hot Hide Glue) If you enjoyed this video please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE to help my channel grow!- Thanks so much. This video shows all the things I do to glue on a bridge of any shape, for steel string or classical guitar and...
  11. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Anyone using Alaska Yellow Cedar for necks?

I just used it on a build. Neck has (as always) carbon fiber reinforcement. I choose AYC for this build as the colour matches the colors of the body (spalted tamarind). I then sprayed a unique light blue/black colour on certain areas of the neck to add interest.
  12. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- Four File Finishes Flaunted For You

If you enjoy such lutherie videos, please SUBSCRIBE. These are (some of) the tools I use for every neck I carve/shape (although this isn't a how to carve a neck video). Two tools not shown in the video that I also use is a typical hardware store half round rasp and a round micro plane (all...
  13. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- Maple fretboard refret with stainless steel frets

Please subscribe if you enjoy such videos.
  14. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

Nut Files - Worth Buying?

For ukes, you can get away with just 2 files - 0.013" and 0.028" If the string is wider than the nut diameter, just gently rock and/or angle the file side to side to make the slot a bit wider- it's what I do for every uke (and guitar)...
  15. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- WEN Rotary tool review

If you enjoy such videos, please subscribe :)
  16. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- Smart Neck Shaping Tool

Happy New Video day! Here is a simple tool for perfectly shaped necks. Please subscribe if you enjoy such videos
  17. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

VIDEO- Best Scalpel blade handle (and blades)

Please subscribe if you enjoy such videos
  18. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

NUD Beau Hannam Tenor Grafted Walnut Carpathian spruce

Thanks :) Yes, I "trumpet" out my nut slots like in this pic, (which is from this website link below)- this is to minimise string friction in the nut slot. I have recorded a Youtube video on this but haven't released it yet. http://www.lutherie.net/nuts.html
  19. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

NUD Beau Hannam Tenor Grafted Walnut Carpathian spruce

I'm posting this on behalf of Len (who asked me to do it for him). #88, 2020 Tenor Sound Sample Back/sides- Grafted Walnut (English/Black) Top- Carpathian spruce Neck- Figured maple Everything else- Brazilian rosewood. Headstock Inlay- Recon stone + MOP, all engraved. Tuners- Rodgers w...
  20. Beau Hannam Ukuleles

What's happening in your shed?

Sweet relief. I like to control everything I can in a build, and I certainly don’t want a neck to bend in an unpredictable way or amount. So I make a super stiff neck, and custom add the exact relief I want to suit the instrument (steel string, classical or uke) A stiff neck also adds sustain...