Search results

1. RAB11

Season 496 - The Island

Hi everyone! Sorry for the delay in posting. Short and sweet intro today because the theme is very simple. On this forum we have a thread called The Island of Misfit Seasonistas. It's a place for songs you're desperate to share but just can't be Thorntoned into the theme of the week no matter...
  2. RAB11

Season 491 - Absolute Rubbish

Gonna do this quickly because it's half time... WELCOME TO SEASON 490! (Got the bloody title wrong....) Was hoping to announce the theme by playing Suede's Trash for the open mic but England had other plans. This theme is about rubbish, trash, garbage, the discarded, forgotten and cast...
  3. RAB11

Season 482 - I'm Entirely Not Sure

Hello and welcome to the thoroughly prepared-for Season 482! This week's theme is brought to you both by my complete lack of inspiration and a t-shirt I wore in a video a few weeks ago that had people vexed and perplexed. SO the theme this week is things that the narrator does not know...
  4. RAB11

Releasing some music!

Hi! I've been honing my craft over on the Seasons for a long time and I'm now at the point where I'm recording an album and getting ready to release the first single from it. The single will be out on the 28th March, and I'd love it if people could give the lyric video a watch, and maybe even...
  5. RAB11

Season 464 - Birthday Honours

Evening all, I'm going to keep this one brief for now, flesh the thing out in the morning. It's my birthday tomorrow and I'm gonna go a bit less morbid than the birthday theme I did last year. This year is all about the Honours List, which the 'Queen' (actually Parliament) brings out on her...
  6. RAB11

Season 456 - In Sequence

Good evening! This week's theme explores sequences. I'm going to go for a few angles of attack here. 1. The most important aspect of the theme. Execute this well and you put yourself in the running for a prize (more on that later). Basically I've had an idea for a theme for a while and the...
  7. RAB11

Season 446 - Rock and Metal

GOOOOOOOOOD EVENING! This week is dedicated to rock and metal. Now before you start panicking it is not about the musical genres, it's about the materials. Play me songs from one of the following three categories. 1) A song by any artist or band (or member thereof) with a type of rock or metal...
  8. RAB11

Season 436 - $)%(!

Evening all, I'm off to bed so here, for your delectation, is the intro vid, and I will fill in the details in the morning... So.... Season 436 is about, shall we say, colourful language. I'm a firm believer that when used correctly, swearing adds so much to a language, there's nothing...
  9. RAB11

Season 428 - I Can Talk

Gooooood evening! Was hoping to have a recording from tonight's Zoom meeting (which is still going as I type so jump in there! Pa is smashing it!) to introduce this thread but there was a technological glitch so here's a text intro instead. This week is dedicated to talking. In part inspired...
  10. RAB11

I did an EP, shaped by the seasons!

Hi all! I haven't wandered away from the cozy comfort of the Seasons board for quite some time but I wanted to share with you an EP of sorts I recorded late last year. All six songs were written in response to a particular prompt from a member of the seasons fraternity. They were always...
  11. RAB11

Season 421 - God and Satan

Evening all. I've been toying with doing this theme for a while now and a few entries on John's theme this week convinced me to give it a go. I'm not particularly religious myself but I do believe in a certain level of spirituality. What I also recognise is how powerful a muse it can be in the...
  12. RAB11

Season 412 - The 27 Club

Evening all! I've just got back from a meal to celebrate my 28th birthday, which was yesterday, and that is what has given me the idea for this theme. This week we'll be commemorating members of the infamous 27 Club, a list of famous artists who died, often in tragic circumstances, at the age...
  13. RAB11

Season 404 - Ten Years Up Over

error - season not found
  14. RAB11

Season 398 - Ooh La La

Hello all! This week is going to be dedicated to what I am going to call verbal punctuation. The premise is simple. Whenever my mum and I are on a road trip, or playing cards over a brew, there will be music on, which we will sing along with. The best singing comes from the songs that have got...
  15. RAB11

Season 381 - Doctor Doctor Doctor

Hi guys. Interrupting a badly-timed Date Night (I'm hosting AND it's the Champions League Final, COYS!) to quickly post the theme. Very simple. I want songs about Doctors or the medical profession in general, however tenuous the link. You can also bring me songs by artists with Doctor, Doc or...
  16. RAB11

Season 366 - House of Mouse

Evening all, no intro vid just a quick write-up. This week I'd quite like us to celebrate the songs of Walt Disney Studios. They're songs that will have shaped childhoods no matter when you grew up, and later become the bane of your life when you have kids of your own. Disney have gone...
  17. RAB11

Season 356 - An Underrated Decade

Happy 2:45 am everyone! Apologies for my lateness, been a very long and tiring week at Casa B-B and I was already in bed by the time i remembered I needed to do an intro vid. Obviously can't do one at this ungodly hour so I'm going to type it up while I feed Isaac instead. This week...
  18. RAB11

Season 341 - L'esprit de l'escalier

Evening one and all! This week's theme is based on the concept of L'esprit de l'escalier. It's a French term used in English for the predicament of thinking of the perfect reply too late. (That bit is copied straight from Wiki but sums it up well). It's something I experience a lot in day to...
  19. RAB11

Season 324 - Crawl Out Through the Fallout

Welcome to Season 324 in which we celebrate the nuclear apocalypse! Well, not really. But sort of. It's another geeky season, this time enjoying the music of the Fallout video game series. It's been running for about 20 years, and is set in an alternate timeline where culture basically freezes...
  20. RAB11

Daft Question Alert

Hi guys. I've had this Snail concert for a couple months now and loved how it sounds High G but my Low G uke is getting to the point where it'll need restringing soon so I thought I might swap the two around to see how that sounds. Only issue is have that I've never restrung a uke with this...