Search results

1. philpot

I Will Follow You into the Dark cover

One of my favorites that I've just never gotten around to recording. Let me know what you think!
  2. philpot

End of the Movie - CAKE cover (ukulele + melodica)

My wife is far less enthused about the melodica than I am.
  3. philpot

Sound of Silence

It's not perfect, far from it, but I've been meaning to record this song forever and finally got off my butt to do it! Let me know what you think :)
  4. philpot

Mumford & Sons - Reminder (Plus new YouTube channel!)

After a break of far too long from making and publishing ukulele YouTube videos, I'm trying to kick my rear into gear by starting a dedicated YouTube channel for my ukulele covers and originals. First one is a song I've been playing a lot lately, Reminder by Mumford & Sons. Please check it out...
  5. philpot

Rocky Top + Story Time!

I recently started streaming ukulele jams on Twitch, and I've been having a blast! I miss open mic nights and karaoke and everything about leaving the house, so I'm trying my best to substitute for it. Here's a quick clip of playing Rocky Top and explaining the story about how I got a hold of my...
  6. philpot

The Boxer - Simon & Garfunkel

Just wanted to share a quick cover I threw together of probably my favorite song to play on ukulele, The Boxer. It's originally by Simon & Garfunkel but the way I play it is also strongly influenced by the Mumford & Sons cover (which is absolutely brilliant). All the best! -Phil...
  7. philpot

Homeward Bound - Simon & Garfunkel Cover

This lockdown has me playing uke more than I have in years. Here's a quick one-take cover of one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs! https://soundcloud.com/phildbunn/simon-garfunkel-homeward-bound-ukulele-cover
  8. philpot

See You on the Other Side - Brian Fallon

Trying to stay sane through the craziness: here's a quick cover of one of my favorite songs by Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem called See You on the Other Side. https://soundcloud.com/phildbunn/brian-fallon-see-you-on-the-other-side-ukulele-cover
  9. philpot

Wednesday Morning, 3A.M. by Simon & Garfunkel

Once again, I dropped off the face of the earth! I haven't kept up with playing as much as I'd like since grad school is kicking my butt. But today while studying for preliminary exams, I decided to whip out the uke and put together a rough cover of one of my favorite Simon & Garfunkel songs...
  10. philpot

Pancho and Lefty - Townes Van Zandt ukulele cover

Hey folks! I've been pretty absent here for awhile, but I've kept up playing open mics and writing music as much as I have time for along with my studies. I realized recently that I haven't recorded anything since I got my Mya Moe, and I wanted to rectify that! Here's a quick cover of one of...
  11. philpot

New (to me) uke day and a happy story

Afternoon, UU! I've been absent from the forums for quite awhile, but I just wanted to give a quick update on the next big thing that's happened in my ukulele journey. Some time ago, I was on the waiting list to get a Mya Moe ukulele. I had been playing for several years and finally wanted to...
  12. philpot

It's happening!!

After years of dreaming and an agonizing wait, I've been moved off of Mya Moe's waiting list and onto their build schedule. My serial number is 1863, and my string date is April 6, 2016. I can't even explain how unbelievably excited I am to finally be getting the ukulele I've dreamed of for the...
  13. philpot

Teaching Uke!

After weeks of phone calls and emails, I finally have a scheduled interview with a local music store for the position of ukulele instructor. This is a fantastic opportunity, as this music store is regularly voted as best music store and musical lessons provider in the county (currently the most...
  14. philpot

Martin 5k

I'm heading down to Nashville for my state mock trial tournament on Thursday, and every time I go I make a stop by Gruhn Guitars to see what overpriced vintage ukes they've picked up since last time I visited. Last time they had Martin 3k listed on the website that sold the day before I arrived...
  15. philpot

Performing success!

Hey guys! I know I haven't posted much lately. I've had a crazy senior year so far. Loads of homework, college prep, lots of scholarship applications, soccer, graduation prep, the whole nine yards. I haven't had hardly any free time! I've lurked around a bit though, so don't think I haven't kept...
  16. philpot

Still around.

I've managed to keep up my ukulele obsession for awhile now. I'm the resident "ukulele guy" in my area now. I show up at open mic nights every now and again, play a few songs on my eleuke and then duck out. I've had lots of interested people talk to me about it, and even directed a few in the UU...
  17. philpot

New Mumford! Ghosts That We Knew ukulele cover!!

I threw together the first verse and chorus this morning. I plan on doing the rest when I have time, but here she is! It's such a beautiful song, and it really suits the ukulele. http://soundcloud.com/phildbunn/ghosts-that-we-knew-mumford
  18. philpot

The Cave - Mumford & Sons cover

I know. I know. ANOTHER cover of The Cave. It's getting boring. But I get to Mumford & Sons this Saturday, and I'm also playing this song in a talent competition tomorrow, so I felt this was fitting. :) I actually figured this out by ear when I was on vacation with a little time on my hands...
  19. philpot

Talent Show - Pickup Vs. Mic?

I'll be playing in a small talent show in a couple months and I was wondering if I could get opinions on something. My options are either playing my Eleuke clean through the sound system to get an ukulele sound, or to get a mic on my Kamaka. The Kamaka might sound better, but would it be loud...
  20. philpot

Lines (Original song, finally finished recording)

Alright guys, I know this isn't ukulele based, but this is a song I wrote a longgggggg time ago that we've been working on forever. We never could get the instruments to sound right, so we had like a dozen different versions we went through. This is the result. Keep in mind, this was recorded by...