Search results

1. C

Need help shopping for uke in Switzerland/Europe

Thanks! They live far away so I never buy them stuff. So, happy graduation!
  2. C

Thanks everyone. I will probably order the Kala Cedar-Acacia baritone with slotted headstock from Thomann, $400 delivered including VAT. I think it will be a hit for graduation. Btw, I have a list on my website of all the baritone brands and builders I've found, with pics of headstocks. But not...
  3. C

I agree, thanks
  4. C

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I think it's going to be more like $400-ish for something like the cedar top Kala. That's ok.
  5. C

Used isn't a bad idea. It can be tricky though trying to buy a used instrument in Switzerland when you live overseas.
  6. C

Thank you! Very good info.
  7. C

Thank you! Thank you! Very interesting.
  8. C

Hi all -- I want to buy a uke for my nephew's high school graduation. He lives in Geneva, Switzerland. So they are close to France, Italy, and Germany. I'm thinking, a baritone under US $300. He's a pretty good musician already, piano, bass. Any suggestions or tips appreciated. Thanks!
  9. C

FS: Pono Cedar Rosewood Steel String Baritone UL4- 4

Beautiful! So you're selling after only a few months?
  10. C

Mya Moe super-soprano, tenor and 6-string baritone for sale

That's a beauty and the clip is fine. I'm kinda leaning away from myrtle for my next bari. Excellent deal though. :)
  11. C

awaiting moderator approval

Still happening. I've been a member for several years but my posts have to wait for long periods for manual approval. So it's pretty much pointless for me to post
  12. C

Mya Moe super-soprano, tenor and 6-string baritone for sale

Nice instruments! Unfortunately the video for 1563 is no longer available on the uke tracker and couldn't find it on youtube either. Do you have another way to share a sound sample? Thanks!
  13. C

Baritone uke advice

Hmmm... several different issues here. Frequent tuning isn't a problem per se. It's common to fine tune after every song or two. Which type of D'addario strings are you using? When strings are no longer stretching, they stay in tune longer, but tend to sound less lively. How often are you...
  14. C

Takumi Owns LoPrinzi and DaSilva?

I'm looking for some background info on this. Does anyone know when Takumi acquired these brands? Who is building them now? Thanks. https://takumiukulele.com/product_cat/ukuleles/
  15. C

funny Christmas video with uke and green screen

uke + accordion + melodica + Rudolph + green screen = funny! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkZL4SkxTU
  16. C

What's better than ukulele + accordion?

my friend made this funny festive video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okkZL4SkxTU
  17. C

Apps for baritone uke?

I tried a fretboard trainer app today which was pretty cool but sadly it assumes that all ukes have 12 frets from the nut to the neck-body join. Has anyone tried a fretboard training app that allows for a longer neck? tks
  18. C

NUD custom Kimo baritone

I'm having a problem with Forbidden errors when trying to use photobucket so I'll have to use some attachments here