Search results

1. D

FS: One-of-a-kind Deering Goodtime Concert Banjolele w/ Case!

I was lucky to acquire this one-of-a-kind Deering Goodtime Concert Banjolele, but now I need to sell it. Story: This was built by a young man who worked at the Deering Banjo factory here in San Diego as a project. He built this Goodtime with custom red burled wood, custom laser engraving...
  2. D

WANT TO BUY BANJO UKULELE BANJOLELE Deering, Fluke, Duke, etc.

I'm about to post my Deering one-off for sale here. Let me know if you are interested.
  3. D

Replacing Friction tuning pegs with geared ones?

Can anyone tell me whether there is a product out there that's relatively easy and not too invasive to swap out friction tuning pegs for something that's geared or at least easier to adjust and hold the strings?
  4. D

Banjo-Uke Strings

Thank you all for the advice. I got a set of Aquila stings and they are settling in. I also downloaded the Deering Manual from their web page and learned about adjusting the bridge placement to the harmonics of the strings.. that REALLY made a difference in sound. I always wondered how to know...
  5. D

Banjo-Uke Strings

Happy Friday! I found a used (but basically new) customized Deering Goodtime. It was made by a guy when he worked at the factory and he made the body and neck for himself out of a knurled walnut with a beautiful dark red color. I don't think he actually played it much. I've been enjoying it...
  6. D

Aching left thumb knuckles

Relatively new Uke player here, but long-time musician (jazz trumpet). Uke is the first stringed instrument that I would admit to knowing how to play. It doesn't take very long (20 minutes) before my left thumb really starts to ache. I can't tell if I am gripping the back of the neck too...
  7. D

Hello from Bonita, CA (San Diego)

Greetings! I've played jazz trumpet on and off for a few decades. So I understand music. On a business trip to Hawaii last year, my hotel had a Ukulele in it! With a little help from YouTube, I tuned it up and started playing. I loved it. When I got home, I bought a better than cheap (but...