Search results

1. Another Ukulele

Ask the person after you a random question

Ooops, didn’t see the posting oldie, but still a favorite is, West Side Story What is your favorite reading genre
  2. Another Ukulele

12 Bar Blues, Sooooo many songs are based on it. From Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy, Fueling Banjos, Rock Around the Clock what is your favorite reading genre?
  3. Another Ukulele

cumin - the right amount of earthy and pungent overtones What type of donut is your favorit?
  4. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

There’s a fine line between a numerator and a denomerator. And only a fraction of people will find this humorous
  5. Another Ukulele

Has anyone?

Perhaps if you tried playing a little bit slower, maybe use a metronome, you could avoid such accusations? I’d love to help such a great cause, but sadly, I’m still avoiding crowds.
  6. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

I want a life that I don’t need to take a vacation from.
  7. Another Ukulele

Newbie from St. Louis

Well, if you joined this Forum to chat with ‘nice folks’……. if you joined this Forum to chat with ‘Uke folks’, Welcome A lot of ideas, lot of experience, a lot of advice Welcome
  8. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

My goal is to build a life that I don’t need to take a vacation from
  9. Another Ukulele

You know you're old when...

Thanks, I truly enjoy Shel Silverstei’s works
  10. Another Ukulele

Next time they go down THAT road, gently explain the concept of 12 Bar Blues I don’t listen to Rap, but I suspect some of its structure is similar. I just came across a 1928 Henry Thomas song, Bulldoze Blues which is almost identical to 1968 Goin’ Up the Country complete with the whistling...
  11. Another Ukulele

When you recall attending college classes where the professor offered, ”if you don’t have a calculator and are using a slide rule, please note that on your exam paper.” Pocket calculators were extraordinarily expensive. when you catch yourself ‘remembering’ something that occurred not so...
  12. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

I’m tired of being ”the adult” im tired of being a human being i wanna be a goat then, I can eat anything I want AND I can head butt anyone who annoys me
  13. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

This holiday season plan on hanging a sprig of mistletoe on the backside of my belt. That way, if I meet someone I truly dislike, I can simple turnaround and face the other direction.
  14. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

My stomach IS flat. the “L” is just silent.
  15. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

A senior citizen is sitting at a bar when a lovely young woman enters a sits a few seats away. The gentleman gets up, shuffles over and sits beside her. He looks at her, smiles, leans in and asks, “So, do I come here often?”
  16. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

In today’s headline, truly “Most Generation Z are switching jobs. What can be done to retain them” uhmm, Generation Z is aged 9 to 24. I didn’t start my career job until I was 25.
  17. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

One Christmas tree light to another: ”Remember when this was a Union Shop?” ”If one of us didn’t work, none of us worked!?”
  18. Another Ukulele

Finger picking - do you alternate right hand fingers like classical guitarists do?

As an old fogey who used adding machines and a ten-key extension on my key board to enter financial data…. Yes, I use multiple fingers in my picking.
  19. Another Ukulele

Today's Chuckle

Back in MY day, we had so much toilet paper that we literally strung it up in trees of our enemie.
  20. Another Ukulele

I need a mnemonic for the circle of fifths (FCGDAEB)

Well, I think of those Hawaiian artifacts Puka Beads BEADs, or BEADz, or BEADg so, the right hand side is backwards C GDAEB the left hand side is C FBEAD And if you ever had music on the right side the key of G had 1 sharp C the key of D had 2 sharps C and G the key of A has 3 sharps C...