Search results

1. B

Eddie Vedder Uke Covers

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/eddie-vedder-to-release-new-solo-album-and-concert-dvd-20110321 I hope this hasn't already been posted. It seems Eddie Vedder is releasing a solo album of uke songs/covers. He plays a Tululele, which I have had my eye on (support local business and all)...
  2. B

Gibson Sonex-180 Custom repairs - Estimates?

Hi, everybody. My friend found out I was getting into ukes and was looking for an amp. She had been given a Fender Squire 15 amp along with a Gibson Sonex-180 Custom. She said she'd never use it and gave them both to me. Nice! So I got the goods home and opened up the case (it's the original...
  3. B

Assorted questions, all sizes.

Hello, everyone. It's been a week, and I'm really happy I decided to play uke. I'm practicing frequently throughout the day, and am really enjoying myself. I've discovered I can pay for longer stretches, so I'm hoping those calluses are coming! I'm a member of another forum where people have...
  4. B

Care and Feeding of an Ukulele

Hello, potential new friends. I have a Lanikai LU-21C. The case that came with it will probably be pretty familiar to many of you: a black medium-hard nylon thing with Muppet-pelt interior. It smelled very chemical-y and permeated the house, actually making me a bit heady, so I put a sack of...
  5. B

Hello, community.

Hello, everyone. I was interested in playing uke for several years, but always thought it was a "phase." For the past year, the urge to get one became pretty strong, and I finally couldn't take it any longer! I got a Lanikai LU-21C on Friday (thank you, MGM), and I love it. I live in NE US, on...