Search results

1. ScooterD35

Playability . Easy Playing , Easy Strumming Ukuleles ?

Virtually anything from the Magic Fluke Company will have near perfect action and intonation right from the factory in Massachusetts. Scooter
  2. ScooterD35

Who hasn't bought a uke in ....

Me! The last Uke I bought was my soprano “Uke Can Change the World” Flea in late 2020. Scooter
  3. ScooterD35

Uke Like the Pros Questionable Business Practices

In stark contrast to this… A couple of years ago I was in the market for a Martin Konter Uke and called Elderly Instruments. The salesman I spoke to was Mike who said ”Sure! We have 5 in stock right now. I told him I was hoping to find one with a lighter colored top so that the engraved...
  4. ScooterD35

What kind of strings did Ohta-san use?

I’m gonna go with ukulele strings… Scooter
  5. ScooterD35

Why Ukulele?

I don’t understand the question… Scooter
  6. ScooterD35

100% original?

I’ve seen that Uke turn up for sale a few times over the years (the back grain is a dead giveaway) and it is definitely NOT 100% original. Scooter
  7. ScooterD35

Case manufacturers: An open request to consider

My vintage Style 1 lives in one of these. Great, classic looking case! Scooter
  8. ScooterD35

Sounds like you’re going to have to go with a custom from a private builder working from your desired specs. That could get fairly expensive. Scooter
  9. ScooterD35

I have one of these Gator Journeyman cases for my Martin Konter Uke and I don’t find it bulky at all. The included strap is a big plus as well. https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GWJMUKESOP--gator-journeyman-deluxe-wood-case-soprano-ukulele Barry Maz agrees...
  10. ScooterD35

How many main/number 1 ukuleles do you have?

You phrased it very clearly! My reply is meant to be humorous, especially given the 11 Ukes listed in my signature. For the record, I have never sold a single ukulele and feel no compunction whatsoever to rank them. (I feel the same way about my guitars.) Scooter
  11. ScooterD35

How many main/number 1 ukuleles do you have?

I don’t understand the question… Scooter
  12. ScooterD35

WTB- Martin 5-17 or 5-18 guitar

Congratulations! As you get more comfortable with it, I highly recommend trying the “Nashville“ Terz tuning at some point. It makes it sound like a mini harpsichord almost. BTW, keep in mind that if you put a capo on the second fret you‘re in linear ukulele tuning. Scooter
  13. ScooterD35

Did you get the 5-15 yet? I hope you make a NGD post and review as I’d love to hear your thoughts on it. Scooter
  14. ScooterD35

Eddie Vedder is definitely a fan of the size 5, and he appears to have the limited edition Sting Mini. Scooter
  15. ScooterD35

How much?
  16. ScooterD35

For regular Terz tuning, I just use standard light gauge Phosphor Bronze strings. For Nashville Terz tuning, I use the octave strings from a light gauge 12 string set.
  17. ScooterD35

I have a 5-15, but it’s definitely not for sale. I keep it in “Nashville Terz” tuning and it adds an extremely unique sound to my overall tonal palette. Best of luck in your search! I’ll absolutely keep my eyes open for any size 5 Martins for you. Scooter
  18. ScooterD35

Thinking about a style 3

I’ve been drooling over those since you first posted them, I simply don’t have that kind of dough! Scooter
  19. ScooterD35

Thinking about a style 3

I would set that amount aside and keep saving while constantly scanning/searching for the right deal. For instance, $1,500 is more than halfway to this Centennial model currently on EBay. In my experience, patience and perseverance pretty much always pays off in the end, and the right instrument...
  20. ScooterD35

Thinking about a style 3

It would help to know what your maximum budget number is. Scooter