Search results

1. Ukuleleblues

Ukeoween Oct 29, 2017 Andrew Jackson State Park

Mark Your Calendars! The Charleston Hot Shots and the Greater Charlotte Ukulele Meetup are putting on a UKEOWEEN at Andrew Jackson State Park for all of our Uke friends. * The date is Sunday, October 29, 2017! ukeoween.charlestonhotshots.com I normally don't send out reminders this early...
  2. Ukuleleblues

Little David Good Time Jam - June 11, 2017

We are hosting an open mic and group Jam on June 11 st at Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner, SC. Starts at 11:30am and runs until 3:30 pm. Park admission only ($3) Details: jam.charlestonhotshots.com Sign up for the Festival/Jam Email list
  3. Ukuleleblues

Geared Peg Tuners

Does anyone make a peg tuner that is geared that fits in a modern peg tuner hole? I am looking for something light to replace some peg tuners. Duplicate post by accident. I don't see how to delete it.
  4. Ukuleleblues

Geared Peg Tuners

Does anyone make a peg tuner that is geared that fits in a modern peg tuner hole? I am looking for something light to replace some peg tuners.s.
  5. Ukuleleblues

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Album Turns 50

Released on June 1, 1967. I am trying to get our new uke club to play the album. Does anyone have any good arrangements of the songs? If you do please share them with me ukuleleblues@charlestonhotshots.com Some look easy and some look hard (Within You Without You , Day in the life). 1...
  6. Ukuleleblues

Little David Good Time Jam - May 21 Old Santee Canal Park Moncks Corner, SC

We are hosting an open mic and group Jam on May 21st at Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner, SC. Starts at 11 and runs until 4 at the Stony Picnic shelter. $3 park admission only. Details: jam.charlestonhotshots.com Sign up for the Festival/Jam Email list
  7. Ukuleleblues

New Ukulele Club in the Charleston SC Area

At the Festival last Sunday we had some folks express interest in starting a local (Charleston SC tricounty area) ukulele/dulcimer club. If you are interested, you can sign up to get on the e-mail list here: Get on the Ukulele & Dulcimer Club E-mail List All skill levels are welcome!!
  8. Ukuleleblues

Need more help

I hate to be a mooch but you all gave me such great suggestions for the 2 chord songs I just have to ask for more suggestions. I have my uke group of retirees up to the point they can play C, Am, Dm, G7 progression (Plus C7, F, G).....suggestions for songs? A lot of the songs I know with...
  9. Ukuleleblues

2 chord songs for beginners

I am holding a ukulele class at a retirement home. I decided to teach them F and C first to gets folks able to play a few songs quickly. The plan is to teach them G/G7 after they have acquired some strumming and fretting skills. It always seems like G/G7 is the biggest obstacle​ when folks...
  10. Ukuleleblues

Cajon

Just finished it today
  11. Ukuleleblues

Concert his with pickup

Concert with pickup We play an event that has other bands within earshot. Some really crank it up. I normally play with condenser mics but they are picking up the other bands and feed back if I try to point the speakers more toward us. The solution is to go back to dynamic mics and use a...
  12. Ukuleleblues

Stompbox

Thought I would share a video of a stompbox I made while recuperating from surgery. https://youtu.be/8B4CwvoS2vQ
  13. Ukuleleblues

Irish Music Help

I just got out of the Hospital with 4 neck verts fused last Wed. Decided I will feel good enough to do a St P gig on March 17, plus got time on my hands to learn songs (also gives me something to work towards). The folks asked for upbeat Irish music, (at least they didn't ask for no-alcohol...
  14. Ukuleleblues

Little David Ukulele and Dulcimer Festival April 23, 2017 in Moncks Corner, SC

Hi everyone, Come on out on Sunday, April 23, 2017 to the Little David Ukulele and Dulcimer Festival at Old Santee Canal Park in Moncks Corner, SC just outside of Charleston, SC It's a benefit for The Music Speaks Autism Awareness Project. Lessons, Concert, Open mic, Jams, Uke Vendor, at a...
  15. Ukuleleblues

Old Question

I know this has been asked alot, but things change, so I am going ask for some help. I want to buy 2 starter ukes for my neighbors kids for Xmas. What is the current best bang for the buck starter uke? I saw this on amazon...
  16. Ukuleleblues

Life Goes On

Today (Sept 18) was supposed to be our 8th Blackwater Ukulele Festival. But due to the "1'000 year flood" that happened back in Oct 2015 our venue was lost. Life is like that, got to move on and adapt. Still kind of sad for me... The good news is we will have another festival spring 2017...
  17. Ukuleleblues

Wood Burning designs on Instruments

Does anyone have experience in wood burning a design on a wooden instrument (ukulele, dulcimer, guitar)? Pics of the finished product or advice on wood burning equipment and the process would be greatly appreciated.
  18. Ukuleleblues

UKEOWEEN - Charlotte NC/Fort Mill, SC at Andrew Jackson State Park, Lancaster, SC

You are invited to UKEOWEEN on October 30th at Andrew Jackson State Park on Sunday October 30, 2016. Costumes are optional, but smiles aren't!!!. ukeoween.charlestonhotshots.com Get on our E-mail list to hear about SC/NC/GA Festivals, Jams and Events we are hosting. Sign Me Up
  19. Ukuleleblues

Blackwater Ukulele 2016 - 2017 Festival Cancelled

Hi all, The 7th Blackwater uke festival in 2015 was a big success. It was the second biggest event gate draw at Cypress Gardens that year. The storm and flood of the "millennium" in October 2015 closed Cypress Gardens indefinitely. A partial opening is projected in 2018. Because of that...
  20. Ukuleleblues

File sharing question

This is a question for all the computer experts out there. I want to be able to share links and tabs with a couple of friends. The idea is we can post the tabs were going to jam together on or links of us on YouTube playing them so they can play practice before a jam. The problem is some of...