Search results

1. P

Open up your heart and let the sunshine in :-)

I've always loved this song. I first heard it by Frente!, and then by Kitty Wells...
  2. P

Yellow Bird :-)

My 2 month old nephew (my first baby relative!) is getting very interested in music. Unfortunately, he lives halfway across the country and my sister... well... she's not really the singing type ;-). So I'm recording a song a day... Here's the first! https://youtu.be/ZJFiVnBdanw
  3. P

What Are You Doing New Year's Eve???

Hey guys! I was stuck at work (for 5 hours!) waiting for the cable guy (who never showed up!!), so I recorded this... 'What are You Doing New Year's Eve". By Frank Loessner... Although I was inspired by Zooey DeSchanel and Ella Fitzgerald :-)
  4. P

Low Down Man (Squirrel Nut Zippers cover)

Hey guys! I've been slacking on my uke playing, but picked one back up the other day to learn and record this ... "Low Down Man"
  5. P

Top popped off my kamaka!

So I was reclining in bed strumming my gold label soprano kamaka ( the sound is/was amazing!) when my phone unexpectedly rang, causing me to fumble in surprise and the uke to drop to the hardwood floor.... I leaned over the side of the bed to pick it up when to my horror, I noticed that the top...
  6. P

Reindeers are Better Than People cover (from 'Frozen')

I shared this on the Seasons... Some people are haters, but I absolutely love 'Frozen' :-). This is my version of 'Reindeers are Better Than People' :-)
  7. P

Do You Want to Know a Secret (Beatle's cover)

Hey guys, I had lots of fun learning and actually memorizing this song this week for the Seasons! It's a good thing that the words just repeat 3 times :-). But my fingers had a bit of trouble getting the chord progression to sound smooth. I think that I managed it in the end fairly well!
  8. P

getting this ukulele tattoo today!!

EDIT - session 1 pic on page 4!! FINAL PIC - DONE!!! On page 12 :-) Hey guys! So I'm taking the plunge and after a few years of loosely thinking about getting a ukulele tattoo and about a year of seriously thinking about getting a GOOD one, I'm getting my first tattoo today! I know the...
  9. P

The Book of Love - Magnetic Fields cover

Hey guys :-)... I'm finally getting some time to make more videos... they're so fun to make, I don't know how I took such a break... anyway, I'm back in the Seasons, and this is this week's entry! The Book of Love, by the Magnetic Fields :-) I hope you like...
  10. P

Dream a Little Dream

My version of "Dream a Little Dream"... Made for the Seasons :-).
  11. P

You Are My Sunshine

I did this one for the Seasons... I love this tune!!
  12. P

Sad Song and Waltzes - Willie!

Having fun with week 57 over at the Seasons... Sad Songs and Waltzes - Willie Nelson!
  13. P

If a Song Could be President (a tune for season 57)

'Something' happened when I tried to post this earlier, so pardon me if it shows up somewhere else... For all of you non-seasonistas, this is my entry for Season 57 over there on the ukulele contests board. 'If a Song Could Be President', by Linford Detweiler of Over the Rhine (Disclaimer...
  14. P

Hangover...

This is a cover of "Hangover". I'm not sure who wrote it, but it wasn't me! I WAS unfortunately hungover at the time of the video...
  15. P

Never Go To Work - They Might Be Giants cover :-)

My little niece loves watching my videos, but I haven't really had time to post new ones lately... I quickly recorded this one yesterday for her! It's a great tune by They Might Be Giants... "Never Go To Work". I hope you like it :-)
  16. P

Deed I Do cover (on a Boatpaddle)

This is a quick cover of "Deed I Do" on my Boatpaddle Uke. I love this tune!! I hope to learn the verses someday...
  17. P

Jason Harrod - Carolina (ukulele cover)

The 38th season of the ukulele is going on now! http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?72354-38th-Season-of-the-Ukulele-Saudade/page5 And here's a video I posted over there :-) It's kind of rough... but I love this song, so I'm excited :-) http://youtu.be/2TGGto4DDCk
  18. P

End of the World (Skeeter Davis version) - Boat Paddle Ukulele

Hi All, Just wanted to share a new video - "End of the World" - Skeeter Davis cover on my Boat Paddle ukulele :-) I really do like that song... PS - that's my schnauzer making an appearance
  19. P

Cuatro... (video)

So I got this cuatro a few years back in Aruba...and I decided that it was finally time to make a video with it. Is it against the rules to abandon the typical cuatro style of playing? :-)
  20. P

Mainland Ukuleles.... my ukulele family

I just got my Mainland Mahogany Baritone :-) Now I have an orange racing stripe one, a mahogany soprano, a mahogany concert, a cedar Tenor (strung low G), and a mahogany baritone! I love every one! Customer service at Mainland is amazing... I developed serious baritone UAS on Monday, sent...