Search results

1. remy26

FS: Vintage Martin Baritone

Repost to clean up the thread. I'll try to get some sound clips when I can. Getting ready for open houses and packing up is cramping my uke time! I'm finally getting ready for our big cross-country move so I need to pare back my collection. The Turner and vintage baritones are staying, so...
  2. remy26

FS: Vintage Martin Baritone & Pohaku Tenor Resonator

I'm finally getting ready for our big cross-country move so I need to pare back my collection. The Turner and vintage baritones are staying, so these won the lottery. Sorry for any blur in the pics...it's hit or miss with my phone pics. If there is anything additional you want to see, please...
  3. remy26

FS: Collings UC1 Concert Ukulele

The concert purge continues... I really hate to do this as it is an excellent uke, except for it just feels to small to me. I kept it around a little longer than a few of the others just because it has such a wonderful sound, but I think I'm a tenor (with a little baritone thrown in) guy and...
  4. remy26

Any decent ukulele stores in Ohio?

Specifically near Columbus, but it would be good to know if there are any exceptional places to check out statewide. As I've mentioned earlier, that's where I'm from originally and I'll be paying another visit soon. IV scoured the Internet but really haven't found anything worthwhile in the...
  5. remy26

Quick baritone string question...

I have some Savarez classical sets sitting around and I want to try them on my vintage Martin. For low G, do you recommend using the top 4, 2-5 or 2, 3, 5, 6 for tension similar to a standard baritone set? Thanks!
  6. remy26

Is the original vintage case important to you...

...even if it has seen far better days? I have a '60 or '61 Martin baritone that was sold to me with what is supposedly the original chipboard case. In my opinion, this case has seen better days and can't be trusted to protect my >50 year old uke. I'm not comfortable carrying the uke across...
  7. remy26

FS: Pono MC Mahogany Concert

I decided to give this another go... This is really a great low cost uke. I love the fatter feel of the neck and it has a wonderful tone different to other concerts I've played. It's a little more subdued and mellow than some, but still has a very sweet brightness to it as well. Action is nice...
  8. remy26

FS: Martin T1K

I've been wanting to check one of these out, so I recently picked this up in a trade for a guitar amp that I wasn't using. I've had it for a couple of weeks and it's a really nice solid koa tenor. I have already established my keepers (vintage Martin Tenor, Compass Rose and a Kamaka), but I...
  9. remy26

Who's humidifying in the SF bay area today?

I'm sure that I'm worrying about it way more than I should, but I've been thinking about it so I thought I'd post. I'm in the East Bay and it's about 85 deg with 25% humidity in my house at the moment. It's been a while since I've seen humidity that low around here. Do I need to be concerned...
  10. remy26

FS /Maybe FT: Pono MC Mahogany Concert

I was thinking about not re-posting this one, but I really prefer tenors, so this should go to someone who appreciates a good concert ukulele. This is really a great low cost uke. I love the fatter feel of the neck and it has a wonderful tone different to other concerts I've played. It's a...
  11. remy26

FS/FT: Kiwaya KC-3

I'm back from vacation so decided to re-post this one as a FS/FT. I'm not sure if it is rare or not, but it looks to be a concert model that is only offered in Japan. As far as I can tell, the retail price is close to $700 US. It is an all laminate uke, but it sounds better than any laminate...
  12. remy26

Double score (or why my wife's the best)!

As I mentioned in my for sale threads over in the marketplace, I decided last evening that I was ready to make a run at a special ukulele that's been discussed a little here over the last week. My wife and I will most likely be moving out of state to go back home to be closer to family at some...
  13. remy26

Pono Acacia Tenor

My quest was successful today (see my thread in Uke talk for details, if you're interested), so I've decided to post one more since my expense was a tad higher than I expected. :o This Pono AT is in excellent condition. Again, it's got that nice chunky neck that I love. It's currently strung...
  14. remy26

Kanilea K1T, Kiwaya KC-3, Pono MC-4

Kanilea K1T, Kiwaya KC-3, Pono MC I've decided to attempt a run at something special (to be announced once I have it in hand), so I've decided to sell a few from my existing collection. See the link near the bottom for additional pics of all 3. All prices include shipping and any PayPal fees...
  15. remy26

Big Island Honu Soprano & Lanikai Slot Head Concert

Honu soprano is now SOLD!!! Next is the Lanikai slot head solid monkey pod concert. It's in like new condition. It's a really nice ukulele, but I have a Pono that I prefer and I just picked up a Kiwaya as well, so it's time to move this to someone who can use it. I've heard that it takes a...
  16. remy26

Recommendations for fingerstyle songs

Whatcha got for a beginner? I'm working on my strumming, but I like to mix it up a bit in between for some variety. So far, I've got a couple of easy ones down (Silent Night, Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star) and I'm working on a couple that are a little more difficult for me (Stairway to Heaven...
  17. remy26

FS: Kanilea T1 Satin Finish Tenor

FS: Kanilea K1T Satin Finish Tenor I have coveted one of these with Kanilea's beautiful UV high gloss finish since the day I bought this one. Unfortunately, the retailer where I bought this one didn't have one in stock...until today! Crazy me had to buy it! As nice as they are, I don't need...
  18. remy26

FS: LoPrinzi Model A Cherry Tenor

FS/FT: LoPrinzi Model A Cherry Tenor I recently sold a Mainland Mahogany Tenor here thinking that This was going to be the one. The LoPrinzi is a beautiful ukulele with a divine tone, but, unfortunately I have discovered that I like chunky necks. The neck profile on this one is just too thin...
  19. remy26

Benefits of a soprano?

I just wanted to check with all of the experts here on the benefits of having a soprano in your collection might be. I saw one yesterday that I can't seem to get out of my head! A little backstory: I haven't been playing for long, but I really enjoy the instrument. I think that the tenor...
  20. remy26

Mainland Mahogany Tenor - Matte Finish

Hi UU! This is my first for sale item here and I haven't been around long, but you can find me on a couple of the other forums out there for reference (AGF, TGP, talkbass). I've sold many instruments through these sites so I can find some references for you if you'd like. I literally...