Search results

1. myrnaukelele

Prelude to a Kiss

Written by Duke Ellington in 1938. Lyrics by Irving Gordon and Irving Mills.
  2. myrnaukelele

An Aloha Christmas- original song

This was written a couple years ago for pabrizzer's Christmas songwriting contest. I added a bridge yesterday. Mele Kalikimaka to all!
  3. myrnaukelele

Jardin d'hiver

I dusted off some video footage I shot 3 years ago and set it to a favorite French song. I hope you like it!
  4. myrnaukelele

Crying ~ Roy Orbison

Released in July of 1961.
  5. myrnaukelele

The Glory of True Love

My favorite John Prine song.
  6. myrnaukelele

Season 216~ Getting From Here to There

I love to travel! Season 216 is about getting from place to place. Songs about cars, buses, planes, trains, subways, boats bicycles...and yes, walking (or even rolling along) counts. Any kind of transportation works. This week come up with songs about getting from here to there. Have fun...
  7. myrnaukelele

The Way You Look Tonight

This song won the Academy Award for best song of 1936. Music by Jerome Kern, lyrics by Dorothy Fields.
  8. myrnaukelele

How Can I Miss You When Yu Won't Go Away?

One of my favorite Dan Hicks songs. I got to meet him in the late 1990s. He signed all my Dan Hicks albums. He passed away on Saturday.
  9. myrnaukelele

Sous le Ciel de Paris

Paris is in our thoughts still.
  10. myrnaukelele

Love Hurts

This song appeared on Gram Parson's posthumous album Grievous Angel (with harmonies by Emmy Lou Harris) recorded in 1973 and released in January of 1974.
  11. myrnaukelele

Don't This Road Look Rough and Rocky

Myrna and Gretchen play an old tune written by Flatt and Scruggs. Favilla soprano, Favilla baritone.
  12. myrnaukelele

Season 195 ~ You're In The Jailhouse Now

You're in the Jailhouse Now ~ songs about being in prison. Any song that has Jail/Prison/Cell in the title OR the lyrics. Any song about being or getting locked up. Original songs welcome. Multi-tracking is fine as long as the ukulele is front and center. Prizes- uke stickers and buttons...
  13. myrnaukelele

Monster Mash

Happy Halloween!!
  14. myrnaukelele

True Blue Lou

Played on my 1930s Gibson.
  15. myrnaukelele

Season 173 - honky tonk heaven

1. Any song with honky tonk in the title or lyrics will count. 2. Any song you might hear on the juke box in a honky tonk or from a band playing in a honky tonk will count. 3. Original songs in the style of honky tonk music or with honky tonk in lyrics. Usual rules apply: Multitracking...
  16. myrnaukelele

Yukon Women

A song about strong women for International Women's Day.
  17. myrnaukelele

The Nearness of You ~ 1937

Music by Hoagy Carmichael and lyrics by Ned Washington. Someone once remarked that they thought this was the sexiest song ever written.
  18. myrnaukelele

Rockin' Chair ~ 1929

Written by Hoagy Carmichael. Recorded by many including Bix Beiderbeck, Jack Teagarden and Louis Armstrong, and Frank Sinatra. Mildred Bailey made it her theme song.
  19. myrnaukelele

May You Always ~ 1959

Wishing you all music and laughter in the New Year!
  20. myrnaukelele

Witchcraft ~ 1957

Composed by Cy Coleman with lyrics by Carolyn Leigh. 1957 Recorded for the 150th Season of the Ukulele.