Search results

1. uke4ia

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

This is a Robyn Hitchcock & the Egyptians song.
  2. uke4ia

I did 4 or 5 songs back in Season 54. I did the Robyn Hitchcock song "Birdshead" early in the week, and it went over well with the Seasonistas, so I had someone record me playing it live at an open mic that Friday night. This is a song by Ed's Redeeming Qualities, a Boston area band from...
  3. uke4ia

When I was trying last week to think of any song worth doing for January, it did occur to me that I could use cassowary as a rhyme.
  4. uke4ia

SOTU 544 -- Tell the Tale!

This is a very early Genesis song, from before Phil Collins and Steve Hackett joined the band. Now that I'm over 60, it's hard to get behind many of the lyrics I wrote when I was 20. It was even harder to get behind the ones Genesis wrote when the members were 19 and 20, but I wanted to play...
  5. uke4ia

Season 542 - Lessons Learned

This is a song by Australian singer Gabriella Cilmi, from her "Lessons to Be Learned" album. If I have enough time this week, I might take a stab at the Jethro Tull song.
  6. uke4ia

Season 541: Oh no! I left the toilet seat up!

Good grief, it's been more than a month since I've made a video. I worked on songs for a bunch of Seasons, figured "I'll have all day Sunday to make the video", then lazed around all Sunday. Anyway, this is a Richard Thompson song. The song includes an obscure reference to Gene Tunney, who...
  7. uke4ia

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

The "favorite words" theme today had me thinking of this Dr. Demento classic:
  8. uke4ia

536 - For All Your Gilberts

A Jimmy Buffett song. I had a sneeze that I managed to hold back for the entire take, and for some reason I'm taking great pride in that.
  9. uke4ia

Or Thin Lizzy!
  10. uke4ia

Would Madonna's "La Isla Bonita" be close enough?
  11. uke4ia

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

The world NEEDS a medley of "give that wolf a banana" and "what does the fox say?"
  12. uke4ia

Season 535 - Run

This is a Doobie Brothers song.
  13. uke4ia

Season 532: All aboard!

Hold that train! It's another late Sunday night rush to get a video done. This is the obvious Jethro Tull song. I listened to the song for decades before learning that the line at the end of each verse is "no way to slow down".
  14. uke4ia

The song with just too many lyrics. Pa did a great job with it. Lyrics: He puts down his satchel, he looks around He says "This is an angry and a troubled ground The land baked hard, the sun so harsh The fields all withered and the earth is parched" You shield your eyes against the...
  15. uke4ia

We were discussing the old California Raisins commercials during the open mic after Chris played "I Heard It Through the Grapevine". For those in countries that didn't have these commercials, this is what we were talking about.
  16. uke4ia

SOTU 531 -- Name Dropping

Got the second one done too! (Yes!!!) This is a song that the Boston area band Human Sexual Response did in 1980. It got airplay around here, but I don't know if anyone anywhere else heard it. Jackie Bouvier Kennedy Onassis was probably the closest American equivalent to Princess Diana. She...
  17. uke4ia

SOTU 531 -- Name Dropping

My bronchitis let up long enough for me to get a decent take of this Crowded House song. It name drops a half dozen people, from Andrew Lloyd Webber to Tammy Baker. But they also made up the name Kathy Straker, and then worried some real Kathy Straker somewhere in the world would hear it and...
  18. uke4ia

SOTU 529 "WEIGHTS AND MEASURES"

"I walked ten thousand miles..." I've been looking for an excuse to learn this one. For some reason, since fall 2019 I've been watching a lot of anime. The first season of the show "Mushi-shi" was one of the few theme songs in English, and it's a great song by a Scottish singer-songwriter...
  19. uke4ia

SOTU 528 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Another Robyn Hitchcock song. Oddly enough, "Veins of the Queen" is on the "Queen Elvis" album, but "Queen Elvis" is on the "Eye" album.
  20. uke4ia

SOTU 528 The Queen's Platinum Jubilee

Robyn Hitchcock has done 3 songs that I know of that fit this theme. I recorded two of them this evening -- I probably won't get to his Soft Boys song "The Queen of Eyes". This is called "Veins of the Queen". I played it at today's Seasonista open mic.