Search results

1. M

Wolfele

Question for Brad……which version original or Y3 sounded better. Looks like original sounded ok from video I found. It was 1/16“ baltic birch. lt appears from picture that Y3 version is solid wood and of course builder could use whatever they want. Any suggestion on curbing the shape. I’ve...
  2. M

NFS: KLŌS Full Carbon Tenor Ukulele (Withdrawn)

I’m curious why selling so soon. I’ve read good things about KLOS ukuleles. Is is sound, or size or ?
  3. M

HPL ukuleles…..experiences?

Ok, I get it…..concert body with tenor neck looks proportionally correct. Much nicer than the oversized version. thanks for pic. I agree that so,I’d top would take more care…….
  4. M

Given up tenor due to hand pain/arthritis?

I only play tenors. I do have pain in hand especially my thumbs. My so,union is use concert strings on tenor and tune down half step to b flat. Much nicer sound, less tension. Much nicer to play. If thumb pain is real bad, I have to put down the ukulele. It comes with age. I would not...
  5. M

Beasley, good comments. First, I’m exploring the “alternate”materials to build a ukulele and wonder how good a sound can be had. I have three all solid tenors, two solid top/laminate sides and a Fluke with hoop pine top. What amazes me is the great sounds I get out of a poly carbonate body...
  6. M

Bonanza Ranchland personal player

Thanks,I did not see that review from Baz. I’ll give it a listen. Much appreciate.
  7. M

All good comments. Thank you everyone. I live in a populated area in east coast of Canada and have not found many ukuleles to try before I buy. I like the durability aspect of HPL, like my Fluke with its moulded bodo. I think I’d like HPL/Solid wood top combo. Interested in hearing from...
  8. M

Bruce Wei travel tenor - Agony and Ecstasy

It’s a shame you got a crack. From all the threads I’ve read on Bruce’s stuff, it’s seems always advisable to himidify the crap,out of it when you get it. By that I mean, putting it in a bag with tons of himidity, then slowly bringing it down to 45-55%. Of course a lot of this depends on...
  9. M

Ratio Tuners Installed

Nice install. They look great. I’m curious on if you enlarged the holes for the shafts and furred. Also, the head stock thickness. I gotta try a set of these. Thanks for posting . Looking forward to more….
  10. M

Looking at Martin HPL concert but really want a tenor. I have played an Enya tenor in all HPL and it was sweet sounding but quiet in volume. I liked the neck bolt joint For travel considerations. Also, checking out Bonanaz HPL but also very interested/more interested their HPL (back and...
  11. M

Bonanza Ranchland personal player

Looking for comments from anyone who has played on of these. I’ve see a few videos. Interested in the usual comments. How it feels in hand. Volume. Sustain. ETC. They seem very cool. Nice travel ukulele. I can’t really tell volume from videos thanks
  12. M

Health issues forces me to change my uke collection.

Sorry to hear you have an issue. So glad you can still play. Good on you for what you are doing. You are a good person. We need more of that in our world. Its great that the ukulele has so many sizes and flavours. Travel ukes are very cool. Take care.
  13. M

Clara or Flea Travels and Durability

I’ve flown several times with my tenor, laminate top Fluke in a thin gig bag. No problem. They key to overhead beads in be the last person to stuff the Uke in on top. For me that means watching for anyone going to put in overhead bin AFTER I’ve put my Uke in. I ALWAYS stand up, help person...
  14. M

Dead sounding Pono MC

I have two Pono tenor. I love Pono. I’ve read the complainta but don’t get it. First try Flurocarbon strings. . Pono’s love fluro strings. I use Oasis brights. Great value but any will make it sound better. I have found Nylon string sound bad on Pono’s. Regarding the next profile…..I like...
  15. M

Cocobolo Tenors - how do they compare to expensive K brand ukes?

I’ve never played the Cocobolo ukuleles. They looks great And sound great from samples I have heard. Given your two current ukuleles and fact you really like the, why not try a five string tenor Cocobolo or a baritone Cocobolo? …..add some Color to your playing that you don’t have. I’m not...
  16. M

Painted Uke

Very cool look and well done painting. I suppose this type of Uke would be a great canvas for painting as they are plastic. Regardless, nice job!
  17. M

New Brüko Ukuleles demonstration

First, Jan great playing….you are a true musician. I really like your original beach song and video. Where were the pics in video taken? The slide very tasteful as is the whole production. I’ve looked at Bruko on and off. I’m a tenor player and they seem to have a undersized tenor body...
  18. M

Any tips on using Diamond Secure Ukulele String Tie System?

I use the tie block both Diamond and STAY Tight on TIE and STRING Thru bridge. They work great. I have two slotted bridges, I tie knots, they are easy and work great. Having all three bridge, I like them all. My custom tenor has a slot bridge NUD it works great. My Flukeis also tie bridge...
  19. M

Any tips on using Diamond Secure Ukulele String Tie System?

Any pics. I have a set of Diamond tie blocks. They work like a champ. You say, beads…..I use beads to from the hobby shop. Key with beads is size, hole in centre and knot you tie. I’d like to see what Diamond has in beads for reference.
  20. M

Concert Flea with wooden fretboard

Sending you a private message. Nice looking ukulele!