Search results

1. chris667

What is the point of plastic ukes?

He's a good lad, really (the dog, not my dad).
  2. chris667

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

He looks a bit like he's singing to the duck: "Egrets, I've had a few, but then again, too few to mention". (beautiful photo, Jim!)
  3. chris667

Yes, OK. FWIW, my ukes have been soaked in various liquids (beer, rain, coffee and one time when my dad's dog peed on one). They've never been any the worse for wear after cleaning. I am not trying to convert anyone, of course. Buy the uke you want!
  4. chris667

That's not the same as what I said in the page above. I don't doubt that a uke left permanently left outdoors would be damaged. I am not convinced that an instrument that gets wet on a single hike would be damaged by getting wet then drying out again though. Actually, I have a plywood uke at...
  5. chris667

Seasonistas on-line get together / open mic

And I've only just got in! Hope you had a great time, friends. :)
  6. chris667

Please show me an example of a ukulele being permanently damaged by being left in the rain then drying out.
  7. chris667

Yeah. Ukes like yours are designed mostly for children to take to school. They have to be OK with being abused. Your uke won't warp if it gets wet and dries out again. If you left it outside for a winter, that's different. Don't let your worries stop you enjoying it.
  8. chris667

Why not? It will get wet, then dry out again. So long as you don't leave it underwater for a week I can't see there being a problem. Not that I wish to challenge your UAS! If you want a plastic uke get one, but you don't "need" one.
  9. chris667

FS Tascam DP-006 multitrack recorder

I know this isn't strictly a ukulele, but here goes. I have this Tascam DP-006 recorder. A really fine piece of equipment with built in stereo microphones. Entire musical careers have been created with less. I am selling because I can get by with a laptop mic. £40 including mainland UK...
  10. chris667

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

Bravo, kids! Come on, the rest of you!
  11. chris667

Axminster Tools Supprise

How much money did you have to spend to get this free gift?
  12. chris667

Andrew Molina’s Ukulele Academy

@eb357 I hope you understand the skepticism. If you are in regular contact with Andrew Molina it would be worth giving some feedback to him. I'd love to hear what he has to say about the course. Might encourage some of us to sign up!
  13. chris667

Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

I'm going to play a tune on my ukulele, that fine baby guitar object.
  14. chris667

SEASON 504- Music as an empathetic friend

What brilliant news! I wonder if anyone else will chip in?
  15. chris667

Which mid price would you go for?

Why don't you put up an advert here?
  16. chris667

Which mid price would you go for?

All ordinary, middle priced ukuleles. Out of ten of any given model, one will be better than average, and two worse. You need to play them all and see what you like. At that price I would see what's available secondhand.
  17. chris667

Its a NUD with Brüko

I had six. Now just one. Phil Doleman owns two of them. One is on hold for someone in Australia next time I visit, and another is going to another friend in the states. They are good ukes though. If I could only have one uke it would be a 1970s maple Bruko soprano.
  18. chris667

Andrew Molina’s Ukulele Academy

I don't begrudge anyone a living, but $45.59 a month for a link to some videos is rather too rich for me. There is just too much competition on Patreon.
  19. chris667

Zero fret

I can assure you that I am no stranger to zero fret chords. This instrument has been played a lot.
  20. chris667

Season 505 - S-P-E-L-L-I-T-O-U-T

I had a go. This is by the incomparable Fascinating Aida. At the time this was written, Tesco were taking 33p out of every £1 spent on food in the UK. They are not quite as big as they were then, but still. I will try and do a better version multitrack with the spoken verses this week.