1. SamUke

FS: Ukiyo Soprano Vita Uke

Ha! I’ve had 2 others!
  2. SamUke

I’m going to hang on to it. Thanks
  3. SamUke

Ukiyo soprano vita uke in the classic vita tone woods, solid spruce top and solid mahogany back/sides. It is in great shape but has been played and shows strum wear and other little marks on the top. No cracks. Smoke free home. Newish Fremont hard shell case. These have a strap button but...
  4. SamUke

Lifting Bridge

Hi UU. I have an older Lymana tenor and the bridge is starting to lift away on one corner. Is this something I should get removed and re-glued? Can I leave it and play, or is it something that should definitely get fixed? Regards.
  5. SamUke

WTB: Ukiyo Vita Uke or equivalent

Anybody have one of these they'd be willing to part with?
  6. SamUke

WTB Herb Otha Loprinzi

I’m interested in finding a used herb ohta loprinzi model. Thanks
  7. SamUke

FS Koaloha Opio KTO-G6

Koaloha 6 string guitalele. Purchased last year from HMS and rarely played. Great condition. Solid acacia. Comes with hard case. 575 shipped.
  8. SamUke

FS: Kiwaya KTS-6

Kiwaya KTS-6 soprano ukulele, all solid mahogany strung with worth strings. These are fantastic ukes and are unfortunately out of production. The uke is in near mint condition. Includes a Martin soft case. $500 shipped. Thanks
  9. SamUke

FS/FT: Ukiyo Vita Uke

I want a guitalele, either KoAloha DVI or Kanile’a GL6. If anyone purchased one and doesn’t play anymore. I have beautiful Ukiyo Vita in spruce/ mahogany. These are true to the original, concert body with soprano scale. These are probably the best reproductions of the Harmony vita you’ll come...
  10. SamUke

Martin Konter Uke

I noticed Martin released 1K Konter replica uke on their site. Amazing, maybe not for the price but it’s cool.
  11. SamUke

Ukulelezaza vol. 4

I recently purchased zaza’s new book and the download link seems unusable. Is anybody else using this and had success with his site? Thanks
  12. SamUke

Ukiyo Vita

I show up here every couple years, usually looking for a new uke. Of the 30 or so ukes I’ve owned over the years the Ukiyo Vita was always one of my favs but foolishly sold it. I lucked out last week and acquired a new one in the original Harmony configuration, spruce and mahogany. This thing...
  13. SamUke

WTB Ohta San Kamaka or Herb Loprinzi

WTB Herb Ohta Loprinzi or loprinzi concert I’m interested in a Herb Ohta loprinzi. Any condition would be fine. Thanks
  14. SamUke

WTB: older Kamaka Ohta San

In any condition.
  15. SamUke

WTB...Loprinzi Herb Ohta model

If anybody has a used one they want to unload I might interested. Thanks
  16. SamUke

PBS Ohta San special

There is an PBS documentary on Ohta San called, Ohta San: Virtuosity and Legacy, that periodically runs on PBS Hawaii. Does anybody have a link to the full film or know a way to access it? I've emailed PBS but they didn't respond. Thanks
  17. SamUke

New Martin string question

For those who have sopranos from the reissue Martin line what strings have you found that you like. I have Martins on my cherry now but they're do for a swap and want to try something different.
  18. SamUke

WTB Martin style 3 mahogany

Would like to buy a 1950-60s style 3. The one without the stripe.
  19. SamUke

FS: Spruce Ohta San 2012

I had a couple of questions about the water mark. I have attached the best pics I can take. It is the dark stained part of the wood where the bottom back meets the bottom side.