Search results

1. spookefoote

Please remove me from the UU

I would like to formally request that my membership from the UU is terminated. Please could this be done as soon as possible. A fond farewell to all the friends I have made and please enjoy any of the videos I have posted or will post in the future on my youtube channel.
  2. spookefoote

UK suppliers of complete necks

Tried looking on the web but can't see any UK equivalents to US suppliers. Is it possible to purchase a complete neck in Blighty? and if so, what kind of price would we be looking at?
  3. spookefoote

Woods suitable for sides

Hello, everyone. As well as teaching my students at school to make their own resonators I am considering looking into making more complete Ukes. We cannot afford to buy in a watlow heater and using a home-made version would probably end up with me being highly "popular" with our H&S committee...
  4. spookefoote

Things to teach your kids

Yesterday I taught my son how to rod a blocked drain, thus saving lots of money. Have you ever taught your children interesting and different lifeskills? If so what?
  5. spookefoote

New User Group - Home Made Resonator Group

The title should be self-explanatory. Everyone is welcome. No snobbery, or slagging off. Just players and builders of fun, home made resonators. Just join if you're interested in resonators. In fact just join anyway! Click here to join
  6. spookefoote

Mahalo-Spookefoote Screwfix Resonator

Ladies and gentlemen. May I present my latest marriage of inconvenience. A Mahalo U30 (China's finest soprano) combined with a Screwfix Clear Wax (apply liberally and rub in well!) tin. The only downside is the Rotosound Lagunas (which are going in the bin tomorrow). Still, sounds alright...
  7. spookefoote

Golden Syrup Resonator Build Video with Sound Test

Enjoy and please leave comments either here or on the youtube thing. Makala Spookefoote
  8. spookefoote

Golden Syrup Resonator Uke Build

I'm doing a photo / film journal of this build and on completion will upload a link to my youtube site. The donor uke is a Makala MK-C concert. The machine heads and nut are now off. I've removed the finger board using an iron and also taken away the rest of the damaged sound board. The top...
  9. spookefoote

Neck Removal

I'm now starting the "Golden Syrup" resonator. I need to remove the neck. Has anyone any experience of removing one from a Makala MK-C concert or suggestions as to how to go about it?
  10. spookefoote

Golden Syrup Resonator Uke

I'm having a go at building one out of an knackered concert uke with a golden syrup tin and a stainless steel plug-hole strainer. Any tips?
  11. spookefoote

Ridiculous Postings

What's happenning with all these postings to do with money and hooky versions of microsoft office?
  12. spookefoote

Picture in Picture

Just wondering if anyone can help me. I want to produce a video of me playing various ukulele parts at the same time. I know that imovies is perfect for this but I'm a PC user. I also know that I could download a picture in picture transition tool for WMM but to be honest movie maker crashes...
  13. spookefoote

Baines Ukulele Orchestra

The orchestra will be performing at the annual celebration of music evening at the Blackpool Opera House on Thursday 15th March 6:30pm onwards. We will be performing new material "I Want You Back" by The Jackson 5, "September" by Earth, Wind & Fire and also backing a choir from one of our...
  14. spookefoote

Help with Powertab please

I've installed powertab and changed the default to ukulele tuning. I have a downloaded powertab file originally for guitar. Can I and how do I open / transpose the file so that it then reads and plays as ukulele? Many thanks, Foote
  15. spookefoote

Furness Building Society Charity Talent Competition

Baines Ukulele Orchestra will be taking part in this tonight. Lancaster Grand Theatre. Starts at 7:00pm and we're on first. So no pressure then!
  16. spookefoote

Deleting messages

Good evening. Although I have deleted all my messages, the senders details etc remains. How can I permanently delete them. Many thanks. Foote
  17. spookefoote

Video Capture Software

What do you use and is it free?
  18. spookefoote

What's with the crazy ads?

Please stop this lunacy. Everytime I click on a thread I'm congratulated for winning something or other. Is this intentional for the UU Forum or has a worm found its way in?
  19. spookefoote

Baines Ukulele Orchestra - Drops of Jupiter

Another of our favourite songs performed at school for our visitors from Sri Lanka. Enjoy and let us know what you think.