Search results

1. A

Anyone play nylon guitar over a steel string?

Going down the guitalele buying road now. I started with a Luna EADGBE tuning. It’s a terrible instrument came with buzzy strings and twisted neck. Now I’m trying to find a good one like it to buy. Looking at gretsch and Pomo. Anybody have recommendation? I started the uke journey with a Luna...
  2. A

To uke or to guitalele?

Wow… THANKS. I already thought were a lot of options, but Ive never heard of the octave uke, and don’t know much about very much about the baritones & bass types yet. I’m very impressed with your knowledge and thanks again!!!
  3. A

To uke or to guitalele?

Thanks I’ll try that tuning after we record. The low voice guitar sound is fine for now & I have a set of strings for that tuning.( A-a) the neck was already off when I got this cheap thing so I think I’ll try them. Is it the one that starts at capo 5 guitar and thus limited bass wise. Sorry...
  4. A

Welcome . . .

I played guitar for about 7 yrs. before I picked up a tenor uke last spring and fell in love. It seemed like I learned to play it overnight and finally got some style going on. I played rhythm guitar like everyone else, no style points there. But I never felt comfortable with a pick in my hand...
  5. A

How did you end up here?

A few of my ukulele questions were answered here as the result of google searches over the past 6 months. Today I wanted to join a forum, as I am a guitar player that just went ukulele crazy after buying a tenor last spring. Now I wanna try all the kinds of ukuleles! i just got a guitalele...
  6. A

Anyone play nylon guitar over a steel string?

Well I play a guitalele tuned just like a guitar using Aquila red strings, and it seems really cool for old school blues and is working out pretty well to provide more bass notes for our band that has banjo, mandolin and resonator guitar. We were just too tinny and twangy when I played a tenor...
  7. A

To uke or to guitalele?

Haven’t tried the low g on my tenor cause It seems like that high g is what I love most about the uke. Is the regular baritone 4 string the same octave as guitar for the DGBE. Tuning? And is played more like a bass? I almost got one but when I saw the guitalele had the same tuning as guitar...
  8. A

To uke or to guitalele?

I used to play rhythm guitar for the band I’m in and Last spring I bought a tenor uke & fell in love with the sound and the tuning. It seems I finally had a style that I was lacking on guitar. The band has evolved and now we have a banjo player, a mandolin & our lead guitar player is on a...