Search results

1. caukulele

Happy Birthday Stan (mm stan)

Happy Birthday Stan! Hope it's a great day for you and a super year to follow. Thanks for all the aloha you share on this forum!!!! Happy Strummings!
  2. caukulele

Kinnard Concert Mahogany Cutaway with Tobacco sunburst finish

Someone asked about the size of the neck and comparison with the Collings. They are actually quite similar...., both 1 3/8's to 1 7/8's fret board, but the Collings has 12 frets to the body and the Kinnard has 13 frets to to body. The Kinnard is a hair longer, and as you can see form the...
  3. caukulele

Tommy Rodriguez Mahogany Soprano Ukulele

For sale is my Tommy Rodriguez Mahogany Soprano Ukulele- SOLD This is a wonderful, classic soprano, with a full, sweet, beautiful tone, and a satin finish. It was built with 80 year old mahogany. The fret board is 40 year old Brazilian rosewood. The Dot markers are 30,000 year old mastodon...
  4. caukulele

Kinnard Concert Mahogany Cutaway with Tobacco sunburst finish

For sale is my Kinnard Concert Mahogany Cutaway with Tobacco sunburst finish. I am selling my John S. Kinnard Concert Cutaway Ukulele. It is a Series II in all mahogany with additional options including cutaway, full body tobacco sunburst finish, peghead tuners and K&K Aloha Twin Pickup. It was...
  5. caukulele

Sebastopol Uke Fest

Tomorrow (April 4th) will be the third annual Sebastopol Uke Fest. I will be there with the SilvaStudio booth. If any one is planning to go, please stop by and say hello.
  6. caukulele

Ukey Dave Memorial DVD - appeal for assistance

My husband just did this photo from one of Dave's videos...
  7. caukulele

Ukey Dave Memorial DVD - appeal for assistance

My husband did this photo from his Facebook page...just in case you want to use it..but your other photos are great too...
  8. caukulele

Great fun video from Del Rey about practicing

Love this video. Del Ray is so much fun.
  9. caukulele

Pet Photo Contest (if you don't mind voting for my photo....)

I know this post has nothing to do with ukuleles, but I have entered a Christmas Pet Photo Contest (Western Farms, Pic of the Litter) and if anyone has a Facebook account and would not mind voting for my photo of my dog Tia, that would be great. Here is the link: http://bit.ly/1AvuhHo:rolleyes...
  10. caukulele

All I Have to Do is Dream

My husband and I did a song that we love together. I am playing the Kinnard tenor, tuned down one step.
  11. caukulele

Another reason to love the library

I saw this article and I thought it was a great idea! I hope that some other libraries consider this. http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/highland-park-deerfield/community/chi-ugc-article-library-celebrates-new-ukulele-collection-2014-11-09-story.html
  12. caukulele

Wine Country Ukulele Festival THANKS!

I posted this one on Facebook, Rick and also this clip
  13. caukulele

Art ukes montage with song 'Morning Has Broken'

My husband put a montage together of some of my recent Uke Art. We did the cover song 'Morning Has Broken', with Ray singing and my playing.
  14. caukulele

2014 Wine Country Ukulele Festival

I will be there with my booth 'SilvaStudio', so I hope all UU members will stop by. It is so nice to meet everyone and put faces with the names. I will be selling my Art Wall Ukuleles, my Painted Ukuleles, Tee Shirts, and other prints and art work. Please come by and say Hello! (I added some...
  15. caukulele

Moore Bettah owners. Post your pics here

I never thought I would be joining this thread....but....I have received the most incredible instrument... For me, Chuck is the best...he is also an artist who manages to merge beauty, form and function to create something wondrous and incredible...... I think for me that this is the instrument...
  16. caukulele

Another Paintied Uke!

Here are the other two ukes I painted. Concertina, I use professional quality acrylics, thinned down....but first I sand the ukes lightly with steel wool, then give a very thin layer of Gesso, then the paint, and at the end I seal them with a 50 percent diluted polymer varnish. So far I have not...
  17. caukulele

Another Paintied Uke!

A few more photos. Next, I have two Concert Pono's ready to paint.
  18. caukulele

Another Paintied Uke!

I just finished painting another uke. This one is a Pono Soprano (MS) and I had a lot of fun with it. The paint did not dull the sound at all. Later I will try and do a little video with it.