Search results

1. J

Need Tab/Help with Ebb Tide

Can someone help me with Ebb Tide? I have the single note melody to the song but cannot seem to find or fit in the correct chords. I think there is some minor chords and diminished chords in the song.
  2. J

Scales, Melody, Lead Playing

Excuse me, but on this subject I am at a lost, maybe dumb. The three subjects I mentioned above complete confuse me. How does one use scales to play a melody? I was taught on non string instruments to play the single note melody - classical - I started out as a...
  3. J

Tuning up

I read in several threads where one tunes up higher than standard tuning for their instrument. What is the purpose of tuning up? I would think that that would put too much tension on the bridge and maybe pull it loose. Educate me please.
  4. J

8 String Baritone - UAS Attack

UAS has struck again. Please tell me all the bad and the good about 8 string baritone ukuleles. How much harder to play, fret, if any then a 4 string? Are they the same scale and nut width? Anything you can think of would be appreciated. Thank you
  5. J

How to ply more than just single note melody?

I can strum with most chords, love finger picking, and I can play most songs picking out a single note melody if I know the song well. Now to play embellishments and scales and what ever to fill in and dress up a single note melody - That is the question. What...
  6. J

Finger Picking--Strumming-Chord Melody, etc.

I have been curious for a long time as to how many just strum, how many play only finger pick patterns, and how many play the melody notes, and how many play chord melodies. I am sure some players can play all. I am mostly interested in how many just go for only...
  7. J

Fretboard abd Body Oil

What kind of oil should I use on the fret board of my baritone ukulele? What kind of oil should I use on the body of the ukulele? Thank you, johnnysmash
  8. J

Fingernails, Cut or File

I trim my nails regularly and most of the time my fingers hurt for four or five days afterwards when I play. I use flesh and fingernails only when playing. No pick of any kind. I tried cutting less of the fingernail but this is hard to control and I still get problems...
  9. J

Want To Know About PONO Ukulele W/Wire Strings

I have heard of Pono Ukuleles slightly larger than a Baritone Ukulele and smaller then a Tenor Guitar with steel strings. Please give me all of the pros and cons. I think the bug has bitten me.
  10. J

Confused about Humidity

I have never really understood this thing about ukulele and humidity. So I am posting today to see if what I think is correct or not. I think if one lives in a tropical part of the world, hot and humid that there is no need to worry. However, if one lived in a cold...
  11. J

Riffs/Licks for E minor Pentatonic Scale

I am looking for what I can download and practice. Not videos. For the E minor Pentatonic scale. Can any one give me a reference to where I can find this information. Sheet music or TABS.For Ukulele or guitar.
  12. J

What Guitalele should I buy?

I read where some guitalele's are tenor size and some are baritone size. I have a 17 inch scale tenor ukulele. My GL-1 Yamaha Guitalele also has a 17 inch scale.. I want a guitalele with the same scale as my 20 inch scale baritone ukulele. What guitalele should I buy?
  13. J

Chord Chart up the neck

Can some one give me a link to a chord chart that shows all of the chords that are played up the neck? TIA johnny smash
  14. J

All Nylon Ukulele Strings

I am having some rash problems with my fingers and I have reason to believe it may be caused by medal in the strings. Is there strings on the market for baritone and tenor that are all non-metal type? String sets that come with Low G. Your recommendations for strings would be appreciated. I...
  15. J

New Bsritone tuned Like a Tenor from Box

I just received a new Kmise Baritone and was expecting it to be tuned DGBE. It was not, it was tuned GCEA like a Tenor. Is this normal or strange? What strings would you recommend I replace them with, with a low G?
  16. J

Baritone Ukulele from scratch - Bruce Emery

Has anyone on here ever seen or used the book "Baritone Ukulele from Scratch by Bruce Emery?" It is listed on Amazon. If you know of this book, please give your opinion.
  17. J

Requinto Guitar/Guitarlele

I play Guitalele but find the fingering a little tight. So that made me think of a Requinto Guitar. Maybe a little more finger space. But when I check the specifications of a Requinto, they seem to be almost the same as my Yamaha CS40 and Aria A 20-53 Guitars except the Requinto has different...
  18. J

Guitalele compared to Short Scale Guitar

I play Guitalele but find the fingering a little tight. So that made me think of a Requinto Guitar. Maybe a little more finger space. But when I check the specifications of a Requinto, they seem to be almost the same as my Yamaha CS40 and Aria A 20-53 Guitars except the Requinto has different...
  19. J

Chords for the Tune

If one knows the melody line for the tune and the key, how does one determine the placement of the chords? What reference should I look for on the internet to learn how? Book, video? I would like to be able to put at least one chord per measure or two if possible. Someone please show me or...
  20. J

Tenor Guitar made from a Yamaha CS40

I am planing to convert my Yamaha CS 40 Guitar, nylon string guitar, to a Tenor Guitar by removing two of the lower strings (E,A) and re-positioning strings 1-4 to where 2-5 use to set. Tuned DGBE. The scale is 22 3/4 inch and the nut width is 1 7/8 inch. I see the neck width as - no problem...