Search results

1. G

Season 548 - Second City Songs

Oh...I think I will check out Birmingham Smiles by GBH but are you all sure you want to hear me sing it? haha. I am here to say - I LOVE the Noseflutes! I have never listened to many( like, 99%!) of the bands in the Birmingham links that you shared, John.... And I have not checked out...
  2. G

In 1963, a family drove their Brown Bomber from Michigan to Birmingham. And if you had planned on driving all the way straight your car better be equipped with a record player that had the Vibro-Dynamic-Lateral-Anti-Inertial Dampening System! (more information about this performance is to be...
  3. G

Thanks for hosting, John! I was at work today and needed a break. Coffee did not help. Needed something to pick me up. So I tried this song which I saw the Ian Campbell Folk Group did. I tried 3 takes which all went into this. BLOOPERS TIME!
  4. G

I had enjoyed your video on YouTube but it is even lovelier and more personal here, when you mention these little intros ...The moon-landing on colour TV made me laugh.
  5. G

wonderful! The bird's eye view of those tentage at the markets look exactly like John Walker's abstract paintings! Walker is from Birmingham- something I just found out.
  6. G

Season 547 - The Baggage Carousel

Hope your Sunday has been relaxing and lovely, Brian. I am back again with another song. This one is for Jim. Jim, I just want to thank you for your warm words of encouragement on my Seasons entries, and especially my clawhammer playing. I told you that when I do get a banjo one day I will...
  7. G

I like Martin Parr's photographs. I knew he would have some good photos of people with shopping bags, luggage or handbags, and I found this photo, which looks great to me. Here is a simple, fun thing I enjoyed doing....... A philosopher and a pigeon study the people in a queue one afternoon......
  8. G

Season 546...can we revisit Season 54?

I got one of those one-song-for-2-seasons entry here! I love Martin Parr's photography and I got a feeling he would have taken some good photos of people with shopping bags....thinking of something for Brian's Bag theme...and I found this photo, which looks great to me. I came up with this and...
  9. G

I made another simple and maybe silly song last night. I had some time before I went to work this morning so I took photos of a few of my bags and put this together. :---D
  10. G

Hahaha! I can imagine! Yeah, my mum told me that the mynahs used to be popular pets because of their amazing singing or imitation talent! They are amusing the watch too!
  11. G

Hope a trash bag is OK with you, Brian. Here is a silly song based on a real incident. What sort of rubbish can you put in this without them tearing the bag? I added some plastic bag noises to this too.
  12. G

Thanks for hosting, Brian! Here is a song by Warren Zevon. John (Flatbaroque) did a wonderful version some time back, so did Jon a few years ago. I tried clawhammer with this one.
  13. G

Did another one for this week. My cover is quite boring, but I would like to share the original really. (I forgot to say- it just stopped raining when I recorded this, and the birds were out singing. I think the loudest ones were the mynahs..we have lots of them here.)
  14. G

Inspired by one of the most incredible persons I had the privilege to meet and work with when I was an art teacher. This is a quick recording as I wrote the song. Not sure if the driving, clawhammer work.....I will try different strumming and picking and see what happens when I do work on this...
  15. G

I am a fan of Curiosity Show, an Australian educational children's television show produced from 1972 to 1990. It was on this show that I first saw the wonderful and grumpy-looking tawny Frogmouth. I filmed the first part of the episode where the bird was teased by a dry flower the girl...
  16. G

Season 540- PUNKS NOT DEAD

felt like some instant noodles tonight...then I made this video with an original song I wrote in 2016.
  17. G

Hey Dave, I'm back again with another Jonathan Richman's song. To me, he totally has the spirit of PUNK. His version with The Modern Lovers is sooo awesome and energetic, I sound about 200 years old when I compare my cover to his original. I shouldn't. But I could not help myself. Anyway, I used...
  18. G

here's a fun one to play along to. Got the chords and lyrics typed out so play with me! Thanks for hosting, Dave!
  19. G

Season 538 Of The Ukulele - It’s About Tim…

I am back again with an original, Liz. My song is inspired by the prompt "Chameleon". One of the many books that my nephew Gylan always requested to be read to him when he was very small was a book by Eric Carle called The Mixed-Up Chameleon. In the story the young chameleon tries to be every...