Search results

1. G

I bought "35" Ukuleles This Year

Okay, so that title was total clickbait. I just received my new Ohana CK-35G today, which I'm thoroughly enjoying. But while I was waiting for it to arrive, I realized the other ukulele I bought this year (yes, only TWO!) is a Flight TUSL-35. Am I mysteriously drawn to the number 35...
  2. G

Lockdown Entertainment

I'm not even shopping for a new ukulele, but I kept checking Mim's online store this morning to see how quickly she'd fill her weekly quota. The store shut down in 5 hours!
  3. G

Saturday Uketube

I was watching Al Wood's Saturday Uketube when Jimmy Fallon's Classroom Instruments segment came on. Haven't seen it for a while, but I want to be in a classroom that's handing out Kamakas! That is a Kamaka, isn't it?. Major uke upgrade since last time I watched.
  4. G

NGD Valencia

So I finally bought a guitar. Okay, It’s not my first guitar, but the first one I’ve owned since I got into ukulele five years ago. It’s odd that I’m posting this NGD and I’ve never posted a NUD. I did take what I learned from buying ukuleles over the last five years into account when I bought...
  5. G

Happy Year of the Hawaiian D7

Okay, I can't take credit for it, I'm quoting Al Wood, but it was too good not to share.
  6. G

Cure for UAS?

When I see videos like this I realize I need to practise more. A nicer uke isn't going to make me sound like this. They don't even seem to be bothered by playing beyond the 12th fret! :eek:
  7. G

Pencil Ukulele

More of a wall hanger with those thick walls (good for quiet practice), but he puts way more effort into the build than I expected.
  8. G

Question: Has your plastic uke ever gotten wet?

I know there are more reasons for buying a plastic uke than waterproofness, but I’m curious as to how many plastic ukers get their ukuleles wet. My gut feeling is it’s a bit like the whole “you need an SUV to go off road” even though 95% of SUV owners don’t leave the asphalt. So, marketing...