1. K

Compass Rose Koa Tenor - Rick Turner

Sold.
  2. K

Still available
  3. K

Pepe Romero Moon Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood - Custom built by Pepe

Extremely happy this uke found a new home Finally had some more time to sit down with it today and I am so impressed with this instrument! The notes really do just ring and the tone is wonderful. I appreciate the careful packaging and loosening the strings as well. I have definitely never...
  4. K

Another Timms on eBay

Looks like he sold a sinker mahagony one on 22nd as well.
  5. K

This is completely idiotic but...

Hmm..you need to be fair and them both equally ;-) it can only result to good stuff
  6. K

This is the girl who inspired me to buy a uke

Cool stuff! I am glad you picked up the ukulele!
  7. K

This is the girl who inspired me to buy a uke

Hey playing style reminded me of Tobias Elof
  8. K

I plan to sell this one on Reverb considering the ease of other sales there https://reverb.com/item/45614242-rick-turner-compass-rose-2016
  9. K

Adjusting braces post build

I believe some luthiers do when trying out stuff. Steve Grimes talked about it in his podcast with the ukulele site.. I guess no one does it for ukes they sell for aesthetics?
  10. K

I don’t have any building experience.. Will read up on what you wrote. Thank you!
  11. K

I often come across ukuleles where a note is “off” and am tempted to play with the bracing to adjust the sound. I tried this on a cheap riptide soprano that had a massive side sound hole and I could get a chisel in there to pretty much eliminate the bracing.. the top was thick enough that even...
  12. K

Collings Doghair Finish Mahogany tenor

I played 1. Scales 2. Cello suite 1 by Bach (poorly) 3. Some more scales 4. Freight train from James Hill’s book 5. Happy birthday 6. Itsy bitsy spider with jazz chords 7. I saw the light from James Hill’s book 6. Chords I should say I played all those things pretty poorly.. hopefully the next...
  13. K

Collings Doghair Finish Mahogany tenor

Which timestamp? I played few different things on the sound sample.
  14. K

"Having" vs. "Wanting"...

Just cause the destination is not as fun as the journey should one forgo the journey? What if someone started with zero ukes and ends up zero ukes should the opportunity to get to experience a 100 ukes be deemed pointless? I have bought and sold a few ukes but the journey has brought me many...
  15. K

Pepe Romero Moon Spruce and Brazilian Rosewood - Custom built by Pepe

I have a pretty good offer on Reverb. I would prefer to sell on UU as it is cheaper for all involved and I want to be fair to Reverb itself so will not redirect the buyer here.. If no one picks this up here, it will be sold tomorrow.
  16. K

Is it still UAS if I want one with completely different tuning...?

I checked with the UAS committee and no you have not not yet qualified to be a part of the UAS inflicted group. Try to acquire one of each size and in each tuning before reapplying.
  17. K

Using CNC To Build Ukuleles - Good or Bad?

As a buyer I am fine with CNC, if it helps improve quality and reliability so be it. Some folks use CNC to add a ton of bling and then charge more than what folks doing only hand made bling charge, some folks might like that, no right or wrong here but I am not into that.
  18. K

Georgia on my Mind - Duets for One

Nicely done! Reminds me to finish learning this song..