Search results

1. UkuleleHill

UUBL: Reborn!

So I've been thinking... The format for UU Biggest Loser is something that works in the short term, but I want something long term... So I was thinking, what it we re-format it, short challenges from time to time, but mainly have somewhere we can talk about nutrition, workouts that we like...
  2. UkuleleHill

Thoughts on this?

I have an ovation steel string guitar, but I find the steel strings to be too rough on my hands after playing Uke for so long... I was thinking about this and I wanted to hear what others thought... What I was thinking is to put some high tension nylon strings on it and tune it up to ADGCEA...
  3. UkuleleHill

UUBL Spring 2011 Signup going on now!

For those of you that don't know, we are doing our own UU Biggest Loser starting the first week of April, the thread to sign up for it is located in the general section, you can also follow the link here. The rules and such are in that thread. I wanted to post this here in order to drum up...
  4. UkuleleHill

UUBL Discussion Thread

We started the Spring UUBL contest onSunday April 3rd. Please sign up here to let me know if you are interested in joining! What is UUBL? UUBL is Ukulele Underground Biggest Loser! Back in 2009 a group of us tried this and had great success! Its basically setup to be just like the TV version...
  5. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2011 Final Results posted!!!!

The results are in!!! And the winners are!!!! 1st - Kvowens89!!! 2nd - dkcrown!! 3rd - Mim! Congrats to all the winners!!! Week 1 Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss fitncrafty 0.90% 0.90% RyRod 0.65% 0.65% ADD...
  6. UkuleleHill

UU Biggest Loser Signups going on now!

For those of you that don't know, we are doing our own UU Biggest Loser starting the first week of January, the thread to sign up for it is located in the general section, you can also follow the link here. The rules and such are in that thread. I wanted to post this here in order to drum up...
  7. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2011 Signup!

We will be starting the Winter UUBL contest starting this Sunday January 2nd. Please sign up here to let me know if you are interested in joining! What is UUBL? UUBL is Ukulele Underground Biggest Loser! Back in 2009 a group of us tried this and had great success! Its basically setup to be...
  8. UkuleleHill

Zoey Ellana Hill

Introducing Zoey Ellana Hill 7lbs 4 oz 11-16-2010 1:02am Mom and baby are doing great!
  9. UkuleleHill

UUBL Fall 2KX Week 1 and 2 Results In!

UUBL Fall 2KX is underway! Here's how its panning out so far! Week 1 Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss Mim 2.02% 2.02% RonnieAloha 1.92% 1.92% John Eller 0.72% 0.72% JT Ukes...
  10. UkuleleHill

UU Mini Jam

If you are wondering what the UUMiniJams are I would like to explain what we do there. It is a website that has video chat and text chat enabled. You don't have to have a webcam to participate, you can use just a mic. Also, you do not have to play your first second or any time you are on the...
  11. UkuleleHill

UUBL Spring 2KX Weeks 1 & 2 Results!

Week 1 Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss bbycrts - Jon 0.00% 0.00% cashew 0.00% 0.00% thepunkway 0.68% 0.68% Mim 0.00% 0.00% MoreUke-Jim 1.39%...
  12. UkuleleHill

10 K Challenge

For my 10 thousandth post, I wanted to do something. After talking to some people, I came up with something. I am challenging myself. I have lost weight through UUBL. But I haven't made it to where I want to be. Another thing I want to do is begin to run more regularly. So my new challenge...
  13. UkuleleHill

UUBL Summer 2KX Signup!

We will be starting the Summer UUBL contest starting this Sunday May 2nd. Please sign up here to let me know if you are interested in joining! The "Rules" 1. weight loss based on percentage of starting weight. 2. weight in good ole Pounds ( Online weight conversion with an impressive array of...
  14. UkuleleHill

Hamvention

I live in Dayton and was thinking, there are probably some Ham Radio Operators out there... So I was wondering if any of you are going to Hamvention and would like to meet up while you are in Dayton?
  15. UkuleleHill

Thumb Strummers

I did a search and I found a thread on it, but it went off topic after the second post, so I was wondering, how many of us use our thumb to strum instead of our index fingers? I came over from guitar and I learned to strum with my thumb on Guitar so it was just natural for me to do the same...
  16. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2KX Final Results!

Player: Total Loss bbycrts - Jon 0.00% cashew 9.60% Mim 6.60% John Eller 4.26% JT Ukes 7.50% Dustin phanzo 7.16% Will - Willyboy 18.54% Kenda phanzo's girl...
  17. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2KX Week 10 Results!

Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss bbycrts - Jon 0.00% 0.00% cashew 0.34% 7.90% Mim 0.54% 8.04% John Eller 0.00% 4.26% JT Ukes 0.00% 8.04%...
  18. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2KX Week 9 Results!

Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss bbycrts - Jon 0.00% 0.00% cashew 0.68% 7.58% Mim 0.30% 7.54% John Eller 1.12% 4.26% JT Ukes 0.51% 8.04%...
  19. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2KX Week 8 Results!

Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss bbycrts - Jon 0.48% 0.00% cashew 0.34% 6.94% Mim 0.53% 7.26% John Eller 0.00% 3.18% JT Ukes 0.93% 7.57%...
  20. UkuleleHill

UUBL Winter 2KX Week 6&7 Results!

Week 6 Results: Player: Percent Lost: Total Loss Will - Revwill 0.00% 2.78% bbycrts - Jon 0.75% 0.34% cashew 0.97% 6.30% Mim 0.76% 6.22% John Eller 0.30%...